The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
chvyboy

Spare Change

When I was 18 I decided I wanted to buy an old truck. Every penny I made I saved so I could buy a truck like this. I wanted something I that I could work on and learn from. I started researching these used truck so that way when I went to buy one I knew more then the average person. I looked at 3 trucks before I looked at the one I bought. I wasn't really interested in any of the trucks I saw, until I found this truck. My goal was to buy an old truck and build it on a small budget. This last truck had everything I was looking for, with lots of little projects. I instantly feel in love with this truck and sure enough I drove it home.
Since I purchased the truck Ive done a lot of work to clean it up. It actually had more work then I thought, and those little projects I thought I was going to encounter turned out to be bigger then i thought. I've gotten a lot of support from my family, girlfriend, and friends who all seemed to have put in a couple or so hours into the truck. I had originally named the truck the black dahlia, but never thought the name fit. So I renamed the truck spare change due to the fact that I'm building on a budget. I still have many more projects I'd like to do and with each one I complete I fall deeper into the truck. It almost seems like the projects are chained to many many more projects, and fabricating the truck to my liking has been a joy in the last year.
Attached Images

Last edited by chvyboy; 11-24-2011 at 09:44 PM.
chvyboy is offline   Reply With Quote