The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2017, 10:52 AM   #1
deejaaa1

Re: 1990 GMC crew cab build

yep, that sucks. did he write down your instructions?
Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
...68 Chevy Shortbed... guy clearcoated..and...threw glitter all over it...like he was feeding chickens!!!...
deejaaa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:45 AM   #2
jdb_us1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaaa1 View Post
yep, that sucks. did he write down your instructions?
Nope, and when he asked if he cut of the flange I had asked him to I said I didnt remember that it was a month and a half ago. Cest la Vie.

So I was pretty heated through all this and I remembered I have a friend down the road who wants to sell a lathe, tool sharpener, and grinder. Told the wife the hell with it I was going to go buy the stuff and teach myself how to use it and turn my own hubs.

Once I cooled down I realized that by the time I get the tools, find the hubs (if I can only find dually hubs again) learn how to use the tools, then do the work, and put them on the truck I will be retired and the kids will be in their 30's and I wont need a crew cab truck anymore!

I may still get the tools just to have, I guess I am a tool hoarder.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:00 PM   #3
daddyjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb_us1 View Post
Once I cooled down I realized that by the time I get the tools, find the hubs (if I can only find dually hubs again) learn how to use the tools, then do the work, and put them on the truck I will be retired and the kids will be in their 30's and I wont need a crew cab truck anymore!.
You could always buy the lathe and set it up in my shop. I would be happy to show you how to use it and let you come by and use it any time you want. I would love to get a lathe and a mill some day. It sucks about the mix up. New hubs are available, but they are a little spendy.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=786514
daddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote