The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-28-2015, 10:06 PM   #1
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Thank you PD1292!

Four months ago I set out to do a simple paint job on my '72 and the more I dug into it...well, who among us doesn't know how that goes?

Before I knew it, the front fenders were off, inner fenders, hood, bed, doors, front windshield and rear sliding window. New rocker panels, cab corners sanding, priming, etc. I had no intention of making it a show truck. It's my daily driver, but rust had creeped into the usual places, previous owners had done "quick fixes" and I knew it was only going to get worse if not attended to.

Meanwhile, with a cab on a frame, my wife and I had to make a difficult decision to move to the DFW metroplex. I had met Barry a few times in the past and he happened to drop by one day a few weeks ago. Offered to help put the doors and fenders back on when the time came.

Fast forward to a week ago, last Friday. The truck sat with a frame and cab as the windshield installer put in the new windshield in. Called Barry and ask if he could come over Saturday and he did. We got the passenger side door and fender on. He offered to come back on Monday to help with the driver side.

I finished up everything else and my son came over to help get the hood on Thursday. We ended the day at 10:30pm. Friday I timed the motor, added fresh fluids, packed the garage. Saturday we picked up the 26 ft Uhaul loaded everything up, got to our new home this morning around 1am.

Slept a few hours, up this morning and finished unloading everything about two hours ago.

Had it not been for Barry's extraordinary generosity with his time on his days off last week, we would not have been on schedule for our move.

Barry...brother, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You made a huge difference in our lives with your kind help. You were the difference between us being on schedule or having to postpone our move. I hope to see you again when we return to visit family and friends.

Forever thankful for your help,

Wade
BruthaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:46 PM   #2
pd1219

Re: Thank you PD1292!

Hey Wade, glad you made it. Glad I could help, thats the great thing about this community every one seems to be willing to lend a hand. If I can ever do anything for you let me know. May God bless you and your family. Barry
pd1219 is offline   Reply With Quote