The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
charlesratcliff39

Need suggestions

Guys I'm selling my project on the Trucks for sale and I need advice to part it out or sell whole I have over 10k invested .
charlesratcliff39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
brianthelion02
Overdrive club

Re: Need suggestions

Looks very nice and so close why dont ya finish it?

1951 3100 chevy

1970 chevy c-30 Sold!
brianthelion02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Need suggestions

Unfinished projects are nearly impossible to sell unless you take a huge hit on the price, no matter how far along the build is. Parting them out is a lot of work and you never really get everything sold. What happens is someone wants a particular part, which requires disassembly of half the truck, which makes it a pain to store and move around until the rest is sold. It can take a long time to sell it piece by piece and shipping is a pain. Finding boxes, packing peanuts, weighing and looking up all the shipping quotes, waiting for payments, buyers backing out, etc.

My advice, and this is based just on reading your ad and never seeing the truck, is to do the few things you think it needs done on the body, paint it, then sell it. The cost to finish it probably wont be as much as the loss you will take selling as is and it will sell faster. Kick panel repairs are easy. Adjusting the doors is easy. Sanding can be done in a weekend if it's fairly straight. Once thats done the paint spraying is the easy part.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote