The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-01-2020, 09:27 PM   #1
67C10Step

First In Person Member Meet Today

Since Boog and I are only about 20 minutes apart it wasn’t a real stretch but it sure was my pleasure to meet him.

Met at my place and he got to look over ol rusty in her current condition. Hope to get to his place maybe and see his project since he’s way ahead of me.

Great to meet you Jim.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:42 PM   #2
flashed

Re: First In Person Member Meet Today

Its nice to put a face with a Name . I have met a few in person but many more I want to meet , Tim, SpecialK is one of many I would like to meet .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:00 PM   #3
Boog
laying low

Yes. Same here Bill. It's nice to put a face to a name. Two like minded gear heads I tell ya. Lots in common.
Ol rusty my foot. That's a slick 67. When I got home I went straight to the shop and rubbed on mine some.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:14 PM   #4
davischevy

Well, while you guys were socializing I was hauling a tailgate to Mt. Home to the hydroblaster. We need to have a get together. Are any events coming up between here and there.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:52 PM   #5
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Well, while you guys were socializing I was hauling a tailgate to Mt. Home to the hydroblaster. We need to have a get together. Are any events coming up between here and there.
Perhaps if y’all have an event meet up a crusty ol Kansan may show up uninvited???
I think I just invited myself.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:00 AM   #6
davischevy

I think I speak for the other Arky's when I say everyone is invited.

Now we just need to figure out what it is you are invited to.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:26 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Since Boog and I are only about 20 minutes apart it wasn’t a real stretch but it sure was my pleasure to meet him.

Met at my place and he got to look over ol rusty in her current condition. Hope to get to his place maybe and see his project since he’s way ahead of me.

Great to meet you Jim.
That's great to hear you two got together. I hope you can get by Boog's place before too long. I've met quite a few members myself and it's always been a pleasure. That cup has yet to be filled this year. Looks like next week at Carlisle will give a sip or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Its nice to put a face with a Name . I have met a few in person but many more I want to meet , Tim, SpecialK is one of many I would like to meet .
I'm very flattered, John. The feeling is mutual. I regret missing a good chance when I rolled out of Marietta in my '95 Suburban when I bought it from Cobb Co. govt. I even had your town mapped out. I had hoped to gather N.GA members up. I discovered the "runs good" engine had issues (and I had no tags) so I made a beeline up the interstate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
Perhaps if y’all have an event meet up a crusty ol Kansan may show up uninvited???
I think I just invited myself.
You seem to have a great place for folks to gather yourself. I hope one day I can get my travelin' bones back and meet you face to face, KS, AR, CO, MD, Mt. Kilamanjaro, Timbuktu...
Quote:
I think I speak for the other Arky's when I say everyone is invited.

Now we just need to figure out what it is you are invited to.
MARYLAND! Anytime anyhow. I just ran up to a friend's place just barely into PA up on South Mt. A scenic drive through countryside the whole way, about an hour. Coming back I took three hours meandering and discovering where some roads I've never driven went, looking for and at old Chevy/GMC trucks all the while. Whenever I ride through these nicer areas I think how nice it would be if a friend from this website could come visit and we could tour for days with me narrating historical, watershed, and geographical info. I'm always learning when I drive. Learned a lot yesterday.

Now that my daughter and her family are settled in Little Rock, a trip to the Natural State is all the more in order for me, though no easier for me to manage... unfortunately

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-02-2020 at 05:48 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:52 AM   #8
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You seem to have a great place for folks to gather yourself. I hope one day I can get my travelin' bones back and meet you face to face, KS, AR, CO, MD, Mt. Kilamanjaro, Timbuktu...
Teeitup had a get together about 10 years ago or so. A lot of great folks showed up from Missouri, Oklahoma, Iowa, Kansas and a couple of other places.
A fellow Kansan put on a fix a dent in a fender clinic. I think his name was Svelte Chevelle or something like that. I was impressed with his skills for sure.

Teeitup/Randy was super organized when he sold something on here.
I remember reading his for sale ads and being amazed by how he would respond with so many folks in one thread and keep it all straight.

I’m looking forward to meeting you, it could happen.
I’d really like to do one of those river rafting trips with you up in your neck of the woods. It appears from the photos I’ve seen you post that you have some incredibly beautiful scenic rivers.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:18 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

We do have the great 'wild & scenic rivers'. It's going on 50 years since many rivers were designated, which means no signs of human development within sight of river. A good thing here in the populated old East. Of course, Garrett County is the largest yet least populated in MD... and even topographically divided from the east Coast, being situated west of the Eastern Continental Divide. That water meets with the waters of the Arkansas River which flows from the Eastern Slope of The Rockies, in the Mississippi. Little old Maryland sends water down to the gulf Of Mexico!

If you came, I could get us on a trip with my friend Roger's outfit. We could get a whole bunch of members on. it's great being dam release, guaranteed water volume all summer long

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 08-02-2020, 08:00 PM   #10
davischevy

I'd be up for a float trip. I even have a river.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:49 PM   #11
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
I'd be up for a float trip. I even have a river.
You realize that now we got to do two float trips... one in Maryland and one in Arkansas. We just need to work on a plan.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:51 PM   #12
special-K
Special Order

Doing the Buffalo with a bunch of truck dudes has crossed my mind

Tim

Old 08-02-2020, 09:09 PM   #13
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
You realize that now we got to do two float trips... one in Maryland and one in Arkansas. We just need to work on a plan.
Remember, I'm retired. I don't need a plan, just directions.

Old 08-02-2020, 09:35 PM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Attached Images

Tim

Old 08-02-2020, 09:57 PM   #15
Boog
laying low

Ummm. OK.
The 1st pic is an ink blot test. I see a woman with big breasts. Right?
2nd pic. I haven't a clue.
3rd pic. That looks like my B&D saw that someone stored in a box with acid in it.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:03 PM   #16
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Art can saw.
Who’s Art?
Old 08-03-2020, 05:57 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

That's an "R". And that is my Sawcat I bought in 1982. That saw has laid in about every one of Reading's line of contractor tool storage offerings... bedside high side & low flip top side boxes, 8' enclosed utility body, 8' open utility body, 11' low-profile utility body, and roof height utility cap on pickup bed. I use the flip-tops at the house for tool storage and that's where it is stored. I had to replace the cord because the original one literally rotted off. It still worked, though. I guess I retired it, but only because I bought a new saw before I replaced the cord. Haven't used it since. A better saw has never been made. The Dewalt I replaced it with is basically the same saw, only it's yeller

Tim

Old 08-03-2020, 08:22 AM   #18
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Doh!! I need to relearn my 3 R’s reading,rightin and rithmatic.
I’ll blame it on the phone.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:42 AM   #19
67C10Step

Well, I realized I titled this thread incorrectly. Should have read "Second Member I met in Person." I met Palallin up in Missouri about a year ago but it slipped my mind. However, that just means I am 2 for 2 on meeting great guys on this board.

I'm up for an Arkansas meet, even thought about it myself. I'm a bit far from everyone but Boog but I do have a shop (although getting crowded), pool, 2.5 acres to park on and the best part - good, tolerant neighbors.

Canoeing is never a bad plan and the Buffalo is probably the right speed if you are going to drink much beer and not hurt yourself. In short, I am up for it.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
Old 08-03-2020, 09:27 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

I'm used to a tiny state. I look at real estate on Willow.com, usually starting in Eureka Springs. When I scroll to find Harrison or other towns I want to find, like your area, I'm scrolling and scrolling some more. My daughter and her family now live in Little Rock and I see she is purdy far from any one of you guys involved in this thread. Still, a visit to her would make catching up with you guys a far easier thing than all the way from here

Tim

Old 08-03-2020, 10:43 AM   #21
67C10Step

Tim,
Depending upon where your daughter lives in Little Rock my little burb is not much more than 30-60 minutes from there. Boog is another 20 up the road to the northeast.

The other Larry, however, he's a couple hours north of us. BUT, his part of the state is my favorite. Hills, trees, and creeks. It's where I grew up and I sill love it.

Arkansas is really two states. If you picture it as a square (it is almost) and cut it from the southwest to the northeast everything south and east is pretty much flat, Mississippi delta and the north and west is mountains and hills. The delta area is pretty depressed and declining while the northwest and extreme northeast are flourishing.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
Old 08-03-2020, 08:27 PM   #22
special-K
Special Order

I've talked with Larry about my fondness of the state. I hopped off the interstate and took back roads, even a good bit of dirt road, through some great country that reminded me of home on my way to Flagstaff one trip. I thought, "I'd like to retire here". It was into the Ozarks and the town of Ozone stands out in my memory.

Tim

Old 08-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #23
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I've talked with Larry about my fondness of the state. I hopped off the interstate and took back roads, even a good bit of dirt road, through some great country that reminded me of home on my way to Flagstaff one trip. I thought, "I'd like to retire here". It was into the Ozarks and the town of Ozone stands out in my memory.
If you had come on north Tim it gets prettier. We ride ATV's down that way a lot. I wasn't that far from there today in fact.

I think I told you, but we started just north of Ozone at Fallsville and ran over 60 miles of community water down to Oark, just west of Ozone.

Oark is on the Mulberry river. There is another float trip.

Old 08-10-2020, 02:09 PM   #24
Low Elco

Clem (tuba trucks) has his toy drive in October in siloam springs. I've been wanting to go.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:11 PM   #25
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Clem (tuba trucks) has his toy drive in October in siloam springs. I've been wanting to go.
Let's do it. I haven't been in a couple of years but it's a great event.