The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
dropnstylez

New in AZ

been lurking awhile now since i mostly am on from work (dont tell the boss). Anyways sold a bagged 98 ranger on 20's with a z'd frame blah blah blah lol. Got tired of the little 4 cyl, no ac (only way to fit the 20s) in AZ and even though it was a bench it was hard to fit my wife and daughter for any kind of ride.
Picked up a 77 c10 350-350 combo for 1k kinda rough, interior consist of bench seat and dash, no door panels, dash pad shot, half the gauges didnt work. Body has a couple dents in the bed but no cancer besides a lil surface (paint is pretty much gone). Its already lowered, po did his own flip kit (welded perches on the bottom of the axle but no c notch yet) and the front was done (wrong!) cut springs sittng on the bump stops, at least it sits level lol. From the looks of it i have a factory towing package (8 pack springs, towing brake in cab and hitch that looks factory welded to frame) that will need to come off. Its too low to tow anything with anyways.
Ive already learned a lot from this site and hope to contribute a lil with my experiance with lowriders and bagged stuff. i havnt decided whether or not to bag this one i kinda like the idea of doin a little hot rod truck but my daughter misses dragging. Either way ive got some good work lined up in front of me. Oh ive already put on a quick fuel tech. 670 vacum carb tuned up by my buddy (he use to own a hot rod shop back in cali) edlebrock rpm performer intake, holley fuel pump (stock was shot) and press regulator and resealed the oil pan rear main and timing cover (also did a double roller since the stock, yep stock was shot). still leak a lil trans fluid so i think its the pan. ill start a build thread shortly. Wow this was long sorry slow day here at work. heres a pic of my ranger
Attached Images

dropnstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: New in AZ

Welcome to the board!

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
dropnstylez

Ty
dropnstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
luifer76

Welcome to the forum.....Nice ranger post some pics of the c10......