The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-16-2018, 08:37 PM   #26
jstrong394

Re: Shocks for lowered c10 question

Loosened the plate enough tonight to get the bolt in for the extenders. Could only get the bolt to go on with the head on the outside of extenders on the leaf spring side and had to put the threads to the outside on the chunk side. Don’t think there is a issue doing it like that. Should be able to tighten back up on the flip kit plate and throw the shocks in when the get in with no problems
Posted via Mobile Device
jstrong394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:33 PM   #27
Wikid61
Post Whore

https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/ Very good stuff.
Wikid61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:53 PM   #28
RUN GMC

Went with shock extenders on the rear with KYB gas a just and bought shock extenders for the front also but didnt install them yet.....but was on the Power Tour this year and needed to change the front shocks after driving for 3 days....so at the Atlanta stop went to Summit Racing and purchased the Belltech Street Performance shocks (cheapest solution) then the next day installed them at the Darlington speedway stop.....since then been very happy with the ride quality on my 87 GMC Sierra.......a pic of me on interstate after shock install.......
RUN GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:47 PM   #29
jstrong394

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUN GMC View Post
Went with shock extenders on the rear with KYB gas a just and bought shock extenders for the front also but didnt install them yet.....but was on the Power Tour this year and needed to change the front shocks after driving for 3 days....so at the Atlanta stop went to Summit Racing and purchased the Belltech Street Performance shocks (cheapest solution) then the next day installed them at the Darlington speedway stop.....since then been very happy with the ride quality on my 87 GMC Sierra.......a pic of me on interstate after shock install.......
That’s a bad ass c10. What size drop do you have? I’ve got everything bolted on now kyb gas Ajust front and rear with extenders on the back. Going to get the newish cab cleaned and por15 the typical bad spots and hopefully have the cab ready to sit on the frame as soon as the new fuel tank and sending unit get here
Posted via Mobile Device
jstrong394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:46 PM   #30
RUN GMC

My truck is a 3/5 static drop......springs in the front and flip shackle back with 2 leafs removed from 5 pack leaf spring......the tire and wheels are old school style Torque Thrust 17 X 8 with 255/50-17 fronts and 275/50-17 on 17 X 9 on the back don't remember back spacing but are standard when ordered from Jegs.....it is harder to find 17" tires so now I'm considering looking for 20" size rims since they are much easier to source 20" tires than the 17" tires....
RUN GMC is offline   Reply With Quote