The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2024, 12:22 PM   #24
TotallyHucked

Re: Huck's 85 GMC shorty

All done. We decided to put some logos on to show off at shows as well

Name:  IMG_4009.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  61.2 KB

Name:  AMD bedfloor logo.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  105.9 KB

And it was also right around this time that I backed into a pole Was backing into a spot at lunch one day and this lady in a POS Altima that all beat to hell is speeding through the lot, up my isle, not yielding to me at all. So I goosed it to get out of her way, not realizing I was in a spot where there was one of those light poles with the giant concrete base. BAM. Thankfully, it only got the bumper. The new bumper had been on maybe 6mo at this point. Sigh.

Name:  IMG_4004.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  42.7 KB

It was also around this time that I discovered that my very expensive United Pacific LED/sequential tail lights had shattered. These were only on there ~6 weeks at this point. That turned into a nightmare. I'd ordered through Summit Racing, so I went through them for a replacement. At this point, they were on national backorder, so I had to wait for replacements. This was July of '21 and they predicted it would be Jan/Feb of '22 before they got more. So I taped these up with packing tape and waited.

Name:  IMG_9313.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  66.0 KB

Name:  IMG_9315.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  60.8 KB

I'll go ahead and fast forward this little bit of the story. Jan '22 rolls around, I hear nothing. So I contact Summit in Feb and they tell me it'll be March. Then we got busy and I forgot about it. June of '22 rolls around and I realize I hadn't heard anything so I contact them again. They'd closed my claim without reaching out to me! Needless to say I'm pissed at this point But the rep I was dealing with this time got me taken care of and got a new set sent out 2 days later. So I install the new ones, take pictures of the whole process and send the old ones back.

The truck hardly moves for 4mo, it was down with failed power windows (one up and one down) and a leaking water pump. Get all that fixed and on the first trip, they shatter again. Contact Summit again and every rep I talk to is an arrogant a$$ so I say F you guys, I'm going to Dino's Git Down in November anyway so I'll talk to UP directly. So again, I tape them up.
Walker Tuned
5/8 drop
US Mags
TotallyHucked is offline   Reply With Quote