The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #26
Spackle100

Re: front and rear "axle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLR View Post
My first post...tadaa Who makes the BEST ifs-frontclip for a 1949 3100 pu. Thats going to be a daily driver, and what rear axle to use ? I am going to ride a tpi 350 and a 700 transm. The swede
I'm a fan of a Currie 9" rear axle, but they are pretty pricey IMO.
Spackle100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #27
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Okay. Everyone done?
That's what I thought.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #28
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajundragger View Post
The OP asked for opinion.

I gave opinion based on what I have experience with. I've heard NOLIMIT and Fatman is great, have I used any of their products? no, so I dont comment on their product.

I've used your front end, and hedits. So I compare your front end to heidts and I choose heidts...which is my opnion, again based on the experince I have.

Im not going to create a pissing match with you like your asking me to because I'd really love to counter your post, but I'll let you have this one. I will make a whole new thread if you'd like about my whole scotts experience and what mod's I've done to my front end to make it work like it does. But I'd probably get banned again in the process.
We have a review section for a reason, use it. If you continue to troll the vendor in threads, then yes you will have another account suspension for doing so.
This is the last I expect to see of you following them around crapping in their threads.

Thanks!
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #29
NLR

Now that MY FIRST thread isnt cloosed longer...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=439252:truck:
NLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #30
cajundragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
We have a review section for a reason, use it. If you continue to troll the vendor in threads, then yes you will have another account suspension for doing so.
This is the last I expect to see of you following them around crapping in their threads.

Thanks!
how did I troll the vendor? I posted my post and was done. Then the vendor came back at me...I didnt follow anyone. I believe it was the other way around.
cajundragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #31
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

so instead you are going to continue crapping in someones thread by creating a pissing match now? Last time suggesting this.. use the review forum, or drop it. I am not going to follow you post to post replying all day..

If you have a further issue you can
1. use the report a post feature
2. PM an administrator
3. post in the review area

What you can not do, is continue going on in this manner in threads.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #32
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
.....Last time suggesting this.. use the review forum, or drop it....
To make this more convenient to discuss in the proper manner, I have copied the pertinent posts in the "Review Forum" LINK

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #33
NLR

Hi folks !!! Back on track ...anybody who knows anything about this...????.http://www.flatout-engineering.com/products.html
Old 01-07-2011, 06:38 PM   #34
Tchia65

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLR View Post
Hi folks !!! Back on track ...anybody who knows anything about this...????.http://www.flatout-engineering.com/products.html
I almost used them. Looks like nice stuff and cheaper then some vendors if you can get the donor parts cheap. I found a C4 front and rear complete for $600. The expensive part is getting the right coilovers. Look through the threads, there are more than a couple guys that went this route.
1972 Malibu wagon
Tchia65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #35
blu52

I have bought the kit both front and rear, and have also purchased the coil overs. My truck is a 52 short box. It had a 383 stroker and th350 with a disc brake conversion front and power steering. The thing I didn't like was the handling was not the best. I looked around and decided on the Flat out stuff because I wanted to run all gm suspension. I found a great deal (my opinion) 95 corvette front and rear (dana 44) for 1,000, planning to start the install this coming week. All the parts were bought over the last 6-8 months so I would have them when work got slow and money got tight. Also just bought a linclon precision tig 275. 8)
Rafael
blu52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #36
NLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu52 View Post
I have bought the kit both front and rear, and have also purchased the coil overs. My truck is a 52 short box. It had a 383 stroker and th350 with a disc brake conversion front and power steering. The thing I didn't like was the handling was not the best. I looked around and decided on the Flat out stuff because I wanted to run all gm suspension. I found a great deal (my opinion) 95 corvette front and rear (dana 44) for 1,000, planning to start the install this coming week. All the parts were bought over the last 6-8 months so I would have them when work got slow and money got tight. Also just bought a linclon precision tig 275. 8)
Rafael
I am so curious how the frontend will work.....I think i allready have decided to go with this kit..... But as i mentioned earlier iam not going with a C4 rearend ..It will be a solid axle rearend ...
Old 01-11-2011, 03:03 AM   #37
NLR

How much do i have to pay for a corvette "frontaxle"..... in the states ?? Anyone knows ???