The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
edwardgonzalez

69 stepside project questions

Hello i'm new to this website but love all the knowledge i've gained from it already. I recently got a 69 pickup from my dad. Its pretty much only the body and frame. It sat at my parents house for over 20 years. in that time it has been basically stripped to the frame and chassis. All of the wiring was gone and someone broke the windows. the body is straight so when my dad said he was taking it to the junkyard i couldn't let that happen so I Decided to take on the project. I found a 71 pickup for $1200 that had just about everything i need minus a motor. its complete, it even has the factory radio. I talked the guy down to $550 so i'm happy with it. What i'm planning on doing is this and i need all of the advice i can get. The 71 has disc brakes so i'm going to swap that. Can i just take everything off together and bolt them on to the 69? or will i have to take it all apart individually and put them on like that? Next, as the cab in the 69 is bare i decided to just swap the cabs and front end from the 71 and put it in the 69 chassis. can i pull the cab and front clip together or is it recommended to do them apart and what problems should i expect to come across. i wish i could just put the step side bed on the 71 chassis but its a long bed. i'm really just using the bed and chassis from the 69, everything else will come from the 71. any tips on how to do this will be greatly appreciated. i know its a long project but i'm up for the task. I hope i'm not asking too many questions. Thanks again and look forward to hearing from everyone.
Attached Images

edwardgonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
edwardgonzalez

Re: 69 stepside project questions

Here are some pics of the 71
Attached Images

edwardgonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote