The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2014, 11:22 PM   #201
ridinlow68

Re: 68 C10 Project FROSTBYTE Extreme Dropmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoastpainter View Post
hey rick, nice build so far man like it! love the wheels looking good. good luck with the move man. i noticed something in your earlier pages of this build. now i may be wrong, but it looks like you have the front tubular crossmember in the wrong spot. what u have to do is drill out the oem rivets holding the rad support mounts and bolt the crossmember through those four holes on each side. thats what i did on mine. maybe u just threw it in the frame earlier for mock up sake not sure. just trying to help.. i will keep my eye on this sweet build
Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it! Nice catch with the tubular crossmember, I had that one mocked up there and then later realized that it's actually the rear crossmember at the back of the frame. The holes just lined up so well in the front though! Thanks for keeping an eye out!

1968 Chevy C10 Shortbed, 383 w/4L80E, Extreme Dropmember, Accuair I-Level, Bonspeed Big Blocks
ridinlow68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #202
jcramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinlow68 View Post
Well, small update on the progress of the truck, big update on life. The body works been moving along slow, but the funds really aren't there for it, so it's ok that it's going at slower pace.

The big update is that we found out the first week of August that my wife got the job out in Ohio! So we are moving out to Columbus, OH, the first week of October. We are actually in the process of buying our first house, so we're putting everything towards that right now. My truck will stay in Maine until next spring and then we'll tow it out to Ohio. I'm going to have to find a body shop in the Columbus area, so if anyone has any recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated!
Hey Rick,

Congrats to your wife on getting the new job and the new house. Hope the move goes smoothly! Totally selfish of me, but I was literally telling my wife this morning that I wish I knew someone in Columbus who could pick something up for me. I may have to ask a favor of you if you are willing. I'll shoot you a PM soon.

Jeremy

The Government Mule
jcramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #203
ridinlow68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcramsey View Post
Hey Rick,

Congrats to your wife on getting the new job and the new house. Hope the move goes smoothly! Totally selfish of me, but I was literally telling my wife this morning that I wish I knew someone in Columbus who could pick something up for me. I may have to ask a favor of you if you are willing. I'll shoot you a PM soon.

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy! We'll be getting into the Columbus area this Saturday, so let me know and I'll see if I can help you out.

1968 Chevy C10 Shortbed, 383 w/4L80E, Extreme Dropmember, Accuair I-Level, Bonspeed Big Blocks
ridinlow68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #204
jcramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinlow68 View Post
Thanks Jeremy! We'll be getting into the Columbus area this Saturday, so let me know and I'll see if I can help you out.
Thanks bud, I appreciate that. I will let you know. Looking at bidding on an item so we will see if I win it. Ya'll have a safe trip to Columbus!

The Government Mule
Old 10-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #205
jcramsey

Didn't win what I was looking at but I really appreciate you even considering helping me out. If I can ever do anything for you please let me know! Hope the move went well and you are settling in to your new place.

The Government Mule
Old 05-06-2015, 11:04 PM   #206
kvn1011
Kvn1011

very nice build!!!
kvn1011 is offline   Reply With Quote