The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-18-2019, 01:59 PM   #51
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Back Problem, Anyone Else Have This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
No muscle relaxer prescribed? I bet you feel great losing that nagging pain. My mom just hurt her back, probably strained a muscle, on Sunday a week ago. She was on a call with my sister, a very long one (just like the story behind that), so she went on her non-cordless in the bedroom. It has a short cord and there were things in the way requiring her to lean over, like I said, for a long time. She even told my sister she should get off and take it up later but she went on with getting what was on her mind out. Mom's been in pain, having to lay down a lot, unable to make preparations for Christmas or much of anything. At least she already had the rum chocolate truffles made! She's taking a muscle relaxer, but still having to watch overdoing it. She's about ok now, but way behind on her preparations. My sister won't be present for the occasion

No prescriptions of any kind. I had some muscle relaxers left from another episode and I took them for 2 days with no change. It almost takes an act of congress to get any kind of Pain Killers any more and you know how that goes....... Muscle feels better today so I don't think it will take long to come out of it.

Sorry to hear about your mom. She should have just said "call me later" and hung the phone up.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 08:59 PM   #52
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Hopefully that will take care of it for you Leon.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 10:42 PM   #53
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
Hopefully that will take care of it for you Leon.

I hope so too Richard, Thanks. I felt good today with taking one Aleve this morning for the muscle. I will just take it slow and do a little more each day.

LockDoc

-
Old 12-19-2019, 11:32 AM   #54
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Leon ..my nephew who had the screws put in his back ,,is now saying the pain has stopped and he feels like it was worth it to have it done.. Its been around a month now.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #55
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Leon ..my nephew who had the screws put in his back ,,is now saying the pain has stopped and he feels like it was worth it to have it done.. Its been around a month now.

Good deal. Glad he got some relief.

LockDoc

-
Old 12-20-2019, 07:45 AM   #56
special-K
Special Order

When I injured my back in the '80s I was eventually referred to an orthopedic doc, which would have led to surgery. I took the risk of foregoing surgery because everyone I knew that went with it still had back problems/pain. and, there is always risk, so wasn't worth it to me. But things have progressed in many ways up to this day. It sounds like much better results can be had from some of these newer ways available. This is good news for sure. I'm also sure it's still a time will tell scenario, though, as far as permanently solving the problem

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:57 AM   #57
Jrainman

Quote:
When I injured my back in the '80s I was eventually referred to an orthopedic doc, which would have led to surgery. I took the risk of foregoing surgery because everyone I knew that went with it still had back problems/pain. and, there is always risk, so wasn't worth it to me. But things have progressed in many ways up to this day. It sounds like much better results can be had from some of these newer ways available. This is good news for sure. I'm also sure it's still a time will tell scenario, though, as far as permanently solving the problem
You are so very correct , Like I have previously posted in the last 4 months I have had 3 spinal surgical proceedures 2 disceptomys and also had 2 disc removed and fused

The main reason why my spine was in such poor condition was the fact that in 1984 I was on my motorcycle at a red traffic
light that was on a highway , I got hit from a dead stop and dragged under a car for over 800 ft then the drunk person who hit me finaly descided to apply the brakes then my body was finaly released and traveled another 600 plust feet from witness accounts that said they did not think the human body could twist, contort ,tumble in so many diffrent directions.

. The end result was I should have had surgry then and being young like Iron I opted not to because I was told it was a 50/50 shot I would walk again. so it took about 3 years for the spine to adjust and subside ,over the years I would have flare ups could be for a day could be for 4 months , basicly I could just turn my head and end up with 2 weeks to heal , but then there was years with no issues at all , but then about 2 years ago I woke up with back and leg pain that did not subside , So after many months I opted to finaly take care of my spinal issues and I am very happy with the results, there is so much advancement in the medical field today its really insane not to take advantage to what is avalable, I know the longer you wait the longer the heal time.

Just yester day A company showed up at my house called BIOMET its a Osteobiologics provider of speclized devices they fitted and gave me a device called a spinal pak, So bascily its some kind of eletrical device that I wear I have a wire going to each side of my neck that comes from this small beeper size device , it send some kind of signal to my cells that are regenrating my bones to grow over the tiatanium cage and plates in my spine (fusion), the signal enhances bone growth 4 x normal growth rate and also adds much more density to the bone growth making it a stronger and more solid bone.
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #58
special-K
Special Order

Your injuries were very different from mine. It's pretty amazing that you survived and are here talking about it today or not paralyzed. Mine could have killed or paralyzed me, but it was one big impact with a snap, then moved with care by paramedics to the hospital.

My ex-wife and I were in an auto accident right about the time of your accident where she had compound fractured both lower leg bones in one leg. They were not bonding and healing, so they fitted her with what I guess was that same device. Into the cast was molded the device that sent electrical impulses and at night, or any time she sat around, she would plug in. If that didn't work the next thing would have been a bone graft. It took 10 1/2 months for it to heal.

I'm sure this device was a new thing back then and probably not yet used on spinal/back injuries. Very different from a rigid bone breaking.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-20-2019, 11:45 AM   #59
weim55

Leon, Just noticed your your thread for the first time this morning. Your situation sounds damn near like a carbon copy of my own at the moment. I’ll detail when I have time later. The epidural involved a Cortizone injection, yes? Has that been relieving for the pain/muscle tension?

Steve weim55 Colorado
weim55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:10 PM   #60
Jrainman

I have had many epidurals put in my nerve ,spine and discs over the past 2 years , they do work ,the epidural is basicly a mixture of diffrent types of steriods ,depending on the effected area to be targeted to reduce swelling , it also needs to be done by somone that has done a lot of them , the effect can be changed by just putting the injection 1 deg off , My doctor that did them liked the fact that I opted for only a local numbing instead of going fully under, he said he felt that because I communicated what I felt as he would put each injection in me a the prescribed areas and angle of injection the results would be better and I do agree with that you can really feel instently where the steriods are traveling to and not to or if the injections are going in to fast that will end up with ill effects ,

to some one like me they were very temporeroy effects but just to be able to think straight for a month or 2 without serious pain was worth every injection the effect are imediate bascly you are main line in for instant shrinkage. if you have temporay siotica , another words flair ups here and there ,thats lasts for only days or weeks this is a perfect solution and if done correctly and in a timly manner there is a chance you will never have issues again , but most people put up with the siotic pain time and time again till things get to damaged hence the swelling at some point will be constent.
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:09 PM   #61
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weim55 View Post
Leon, Just noticed your your thread for the first time this morning. Your situation sounds damn near like a carbon copy of my own at the moment. I’ll detail when I have time later. The epidural involved a Cortizone injection, yes? Has that been relieving for the pain/muscle tension?

Steve weim55 Colorado

Hi Steve,

Not sure about the Cortizone, I thought it was Steroids but not sure. I have an appointment with my Ortho Dr. on the 23rd and I have some questions for him. The Dr. that did the procedure gave me no information except what he was doing as he performed the procedure. I have no more pain and I can now walk normal but still have the muscle tension. I took no Aleve today and got along pretty good.

Thanks,
LockDoc

-
Old 12-20-2019, 10:14 PM   #62
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrainman View Post
I have had many epidurals put in my nerve ,spine and discs over the past 2 years , they do work ,the epidural is basicly a mixture of diffrent types of steriods ,depending on the effected area to be targeted to reduce swelling , it also needs to be done by somone that has done a lot of them , the effect can be changed by just putting the injection 1 deg off , My doctor that did them liked the fact that I opted for only a local numbing instead of going fully under, he said he felt that because I communicated what I felt as he would put each injection in me a the prescribed areas and angle of injection the results would be better and I do agree with that you can really feel instently where the steriods are traveling to and not to or if the injections are going in to fast that will end up with ill effects ,

to some one like me they were very temporeroy effects but just to be able to think straight for a month or 2 without serious pain was worth every injection the effect are imediate bascly you are main line in for instant shrinkage. if you have temporay siotica , another words flair ups here and there ,thats lasts for only days or weeks this is a perfect solution and if done correctly and in a timly manner there is a chance you will never have issues again , but most people put up with the siotic pain time and time again till things get to damaged hence the swelling at some point will be constent.

I had the local too and I could certainly tell when he hit the right spot. I thought he stuck my toe in an electric socket...

LockDoc

-
Old 01-11-2020, 05:50 PM   #63
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Leon ..dad got his diagnosis fri...L4 is bulging and pinching a nerve..they gonna do a plate and screws on the 21st

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:12 PM   #64
davischevy

In 1969 I fractured the L4 vertebrae in a sledding incident. I laid around a couple of weeks and had no symptoms until 1983 when I developed a bulging L4 disc. I lived with the pain until it burst in 1995. IIRC they drilled a hole in the vertebrae and went through that with a laser and trimmed the bulge off the disc.

Side story. Six months later, in the spring of 1996, I flipped my ATV and fractured the L4 vertebrae again. After looking at the x-rays, the doctor (a friend of mine) said, (I don't know if you are the luckiest guy I know, or the stupidest.").

Anyway, the procedure worked, and even after the second incident, I still do any thing I want.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:16 PM   #65
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Leon ..dad got his diagnosis fri...L4 is bulging and pinching a nerve..they gonna do a plate and screws on the 21st

Wow Greg! That is freaky, second Dr.examined my MRI last Wednesday and said that my L4 had slipped forward and was pinching the nerves. I also have surgery on the 21st. Tell him I wish him luck on his procedure.

LockDoc

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 01-12-2020 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:20 PM   #66
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
In 1969 I fractured the L4 vertebrae in a sledding incident. I laid around a couple of weeks and had no symptoms until 1983 when I developed a bulging L4 disc. I lived with the pain until it burst in 1995. IIRC they drilled a hole in the vertebrae and went through that with a laser and trimmed the bulge off the disc.

Side story. Six months later, in the spring of 1996, I flipped my ATV and fractured the L4 vertebrae again. After looking at the x-rays, the doctor (a friend of mine) said, (I don't know if you are the luckiest guy I know, or the stupidest.").

Anyway, the procedure worked, and even after the second incident, I still do any thing I want.

Larry,

It does sound like you got lucky. I won't pass judgement on the Dr.'s comments...... Glad you didn't have any lingering complications though.

LockDoc

-
Old 01-13-2020, 09:29 AM   #67
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Wow Greg! That is freaky, second Dr.examined my MRI last Wednesday and said that my L4 had slipped forward and was pinching the nerves. I also have surgery on the 21st. Tell him I wish him luck on his procedure.

LockDoc
That 'is' a lot of coincidence. What time? Best results are wished for both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Larry,

It does sound like you got lucky. I won't pass judgement on the Dr.'s comments...... Glad you didn't have any lingering complications though.

LockDoc
Lucky is right. And as far as Dr. comments, can't be both?

Tim

Old 01-13-2020, 07:43 PM   #68
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Just want to tell ya that my nephew that I spoke of above in this posting ..that had 4 scews put in his back is really rcovered and doing all the stuff he used to do to take dents our fenders and repainting cars as this is his trade.

Larry Davis ,,I have a friend that defied getting dead doing the stuff you and him used to do skiing in the snow ,the water ,,oval track racing ,,ect ect ,,what the ____- is wrong with you guys.. just funnin ya,,, I have been lucky taking chances when I worked in the trades on the cooing tower and down on the ground only 10 feet avove it.. whats wrong with a lot of us on this forum.. Glad they have some much better things to do to ones back that they didnt used to have ,, Leon ,,here's wishing you good findings in getting your back fixed up.. knowing you,, you do not want to lay around .
Old 01-14-2020, 04:13 PM   #69
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
That 'is' a lot of coincidence. What time? Best results are wished for both.

Lucky is right. And as far as Dr. comments, can't be both?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Just want to tell ya that my nephew that I spoke of above in this posting ..that had 4 scews put in his back is really rcovered and doing all the stuff he used to do to take dents our fenders and repainting cars as this is his trade.

Larry Davis ,,I have a friend that defied getting dead doing the stuff you and him used to do skiing in the snow ,the water ,,oval track racing ,,ect ect ,,what the ____- is wrong with you guys.. just funnin ya,,, I have been lucky taking chances when I worked in the trades on the cooing tower and down on the ground only 10 feet avove it.. whats wrong with a lot of us on this forum.. Glad they have some much better things to do to ones back that they didnt used to have ,, Leon ,,here's wishing you good findings in getting your back fixed up.. knowing you,, you do not want to lay around .

Thanks for the good wishes guys.

LockDoc

-
Old 01-24-2020, 09:26 AM   #70
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Well, surgery went well on Tuesday. No more pain in legs at this time. Now to get healed up from the surgery.

LockDoc

-
Old 01-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #71
davischevy

Great news Leon.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:41 AM   #72
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Sounds great Leon! Was the incision very big or the 1" I see advertised?

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #73
davischevy

I'm not Leon, but mine was 1" and that was 25 years ago.

Old 01-24-2020, 01:18 PM   #74
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I'm not Leon, but mine was 1" and that was 25 years ago.
hmmmm

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #75
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Good news. Maybe Greg will check in soon.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote