The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2020, 11:47 AM   #11
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Cue Guilty feelings.

Woodwork shed roof felt blown off by storm Ciara.

Was a poo weather weekend mostly.

Last few weeks have been significantly busy at day job, to the extent of making weekends flash by with yard or house work lists being ticked off here and at Sally’s place. No regrets though. Life goes on.

Busy on Saturday, but Sunday spent mostly indoors, catching up on telly and forums.

So yesterday I managed some garden time before the weather turned and Storm Ciara (winds forecast for 85 mph)
This plum tree needed about 10 foot or 3 meters off its top, plus the top of the last few years’ pruning to be cut back.

So I started from Mickeys side

Then brought the ladder over to my side after cutting the power cord of the hedge trimmer used to cut back anything up to 20mm thick.

Not happy up a ladder at all, my back is knackered and I am a big lump to be perched up on top of a ladder in a tree.

Sally took pics in secret.

Sally came over in the afternoon after spending time with her friends.

Typical of her style, she just changed into some garden clothes and started to cut up the branches when she came back, I had not realised that she was these till I got down to move the ladder.

Job halfway done.

Branches still to be cut up into 30cm lengths to ensure maximum capacity and fit in the wheels bin.

Today has been nice, indoors, not even a trip out for food, due to weather and also the fact trees have been thrown across trees.

Mate @CraigRK sent this pic missed his wife’s car up their road, and of course screwed up their afternoon.

Best part of the day I guess was that growing up, we always associated pancakes with bad weather and rain.....

So that was the highlight.

Flipping pancakes, Sally thinks I am a good tosser.

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote