The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2011, 02:29 AM   #10
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: !965 Chevy C-10 Take 2: Project Tanya

A couple other things going on at the same time as all the sanding.

Did some work on the grill area. I figured since the grill was so nice that I couldn't put it back on that nasty surround. Didn't take a before pic cuz there are quite a few shots here showing the front of Tanya as she was. Sorry this one is so bad, I couldn't tell on the cell and it's too late to re-take a shot now.
Name:  progress4.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  21.5 KB

All masked up for the second paint pass, took longer than any other individual part.
Name:  progress7.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  29.3 KB

And finally grill surround detail complete.
Name:  progress8.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  25.4 KB

I have a 3 day weekend this weekend, so I would like to try and get the rest of the pickup sanded, and start working on getting her at least primed. Got a D/A sander from a buddy (thanks Susanville-Slam), so that should go a lot better than my old "by hand" method.

I also got into the rear end a little. Pulled the old bumper off, and re-mounted the license plate and light. I also took the old air shocks off and put new BellTech Nitrogen shocks on to match the front. She should ride much better now.

Just dropped rear bumper. "BOOOONNNNNGGGGGG"!!!!!!!!!!!
Name:  progress9.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  28.0 KB

And all cleaned up with a custom fabbed bracket for the license plate light. MUCH more clean looking, now I just need a hinge and latch kit so I can ditch the chains.
Name:  progress10.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  33.9 KB
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote