The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-15-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Question Front brake routing

What have you guy's done to hold the metal lines to rubber lines on these trucks when swapping from front drums to disc brakes. The truck has the metal clips on the backside of the A- frame and I need them on the front side to route the hard lines like factory. Can you buy the tabs and use a bolt to put it up front.
I'm worried about how the rubber brake line goes into the caliper and rubbing if installed from the backside. Any pictures are directions would be nice.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 03:12 PM   #2
BigBird05

Re: Front brake routing

If you are going to use factory type lines the Left and Right lines have different size fittings and the rubber lines also have different size fittings.
BigBird05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 03:54 PM   #3
Andy4639
Old member

Question Re: Front brake routing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird05 View Post
If you are going to use factory type lines the Left and Right lines have different size fittings and the rubber lines also have different size fittings.

Not using factory lines. I ordered roll's of line to make my own.

I want to know about the brackets that hold the hard line and rubber lines on the A-arms.
Drum brakes are mounted on the backside of them, disc brakes are mounted on the front side. I want to know if there is a bracket that can be bought to re route them to the front of a drum truck.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:42 PM   #4
MACO

I converted to disc on my 69 C20 last year and currently have the brake hoses coming form the back side of the A arm and held by the bracket on the cross member that was for the drum brakes. I am not to happy with this set up so I have some disc brake lines and hoses on order that will go to the front like the 71 and 72 C20. I was thinking I will make the brake line/hose bracket and tack it to the cross member in the front like the 71 to 72 has.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:36 PM   #5
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Front brake routing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACO View Post
I converted to disc on my 69 C20 last year and currently have the brake hoses coming form the back side of the A arm and held by the bracket on the cross member that was for the drum brakes. I am not to happy with this set up so I have some disc brake lines and hoses on order that will go to the front like the 71 and 72 C20. I was thinking I will make the brake line/hose bracket and tack it to the cross member in the front like the 71 to 72 has.

This is what I have found so far. I may buy a set and bolt them in are weld them. I may even cut the old ones off and tack them to the front. That way they are original's!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 09-15-2019, 06:00 PM   #6
68bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
This is what I have found so far. I may buy a set and bolt them in are weld them. I may even cut the old ones off and tack them to the front. That way they are original's!

I used something basically like these options. Tack welded small steel brackets to the front of the a-arms and bolted the brackets to those.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote