The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #1
Ekliptix

My 4/6" ECE lowering install thread - 72 Shorty

I ordered the ECE 4/6 lowering kit before I even picked up my 72 Super Cheyenne 5 months ago in California and drove it back to Houston with my Canadian buddy (thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595586). Now, I'm finally getting around to doing the install.
I also ordered a ECE heavy duty front sway bar with poly bushings. I'll be installing a poly transmission mount too, since the stock one is dead.

One request I have from those who've installed this is a list of required tools to do the install. My tool inventory is building, so I'll plan to run over to home depot whenever I need something. If people who've done this can suggest required tools, it'll make fewer trips for me.

The truck's history is not documented but it looks to have been lowered somewhat already. My measurements to the fender before installing the ECE kit are:
Front'
L 29-1/8"
R 29-1/2"

Rear
L 31"
R 31.5"

Current height:

Up in the air this evening. There's a jack at the rear too. I'll update this thread with progress and probably questions too.
Ekliptix is offline   Reply With Quote