The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-31-2016, 11:47 AM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Unhappy Air ride

I guess as a long standing member here this is my first time writing a review for this type of thing.

I have been asking questions in the suspension section about parts I have bought. Everyone who has replied has had their personal opinions supplied in ther replies which is fine but they never answer the questions that I asked. All they want to say is how bad the parts are. Ok maybe they aren't the best parts but why not answer the questions. I have been helping people on here for many,many years and have never seen such rude and unwilling to help people on this board. Because I'm not going the exact same route as they did are because I'm not using state of the art equipment as they did they don't waste their time answering your questions. It's a shame that the such people are on here.
Some of the guy's are old members and some not so old.
Rant done!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7468097

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:47 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Air ride

I've been following your linked thread. I noticed where you voiced your irritation (post #28/top of 2nd page) & I've also been around as long as you.

You had 3 replies/answers about your purchase & 3 replies/comments on the quality of the parts. Then there were 2 more responses that didn't really go either way (one saying don't worry about nay'sayers & mine trying to explain why those nay'sayers are possibly warning you after the comment).

When you posted your initial statement, there was no immediate request for info.... just a "look what I got" statement. A couple guys commented on the quality related issues the manufacturer has had. It wasn't until post #7 that you mentioned the need for a wiring diagram.

Some guys just don't have a filter when they recommend avoiding something but you made that choice & then still seek help. Others will filter out their personal beliefs & assist. You're going to get answers both ways since it is a public forum. To avoid the need to 'rant', seek out the answers you need via the PM option from only specific individuals you feel can help you or get thicker skin.

The members of this board can be very helpful. Most everyone has good intent but some might need to work on their delivery. At the same time, others should try not to be easiy offended.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote