The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
dukcaln

blazer typhoon clone. LS2 Engine ??

so I am thinking about buying a blazer that the current owner put the entire typhoon interior in and the body kit, then transplanted a 05 LS2 Vette motor in it with tranny. removed the transfer case and stuff so it is a 2wd. I have not went to look at it yet but what are some things I should look for when going over the vehicle. claims are 20mpg town and freeway 25mpg with plenty of power!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Re: blazer typhoon clone. LS2 Engine ??

Yea, I can believe the MPG. Power would be crazy too. Basically, look at the mounting, cooling, wiring and detailed conversion. Is it chopped up? Does it look clean? Detail in install will tell you how much care the owner took to convert it. I would like to see pictures. It sounds like a nice conversion.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
dukcaln

so i met the guy and looked at the truck. it seems to be a pretty clean install. However, the needs would be tires and wheels. Bald tires and damaged wheels. Also the plastic is cracked in a few spots on the out side typhoon molding. needs alot of tlc and the speedo isnt hooked up but the gas gauge, temp and oil gauge works. Will need brakes and new shocks..... other than that i drove it and it seems to run fine and has some go go to it.....pretty fast. the motor mounts were welded in place and the engine sits at an angle, kinda the front of the motor is higher than the rear, no ac but heater and it has some slight vibration on freeway. I think it is because of the motor mounts. also the smog will be a issue in ywo years. guy has a smog certif but there is question there???? I was thinking if I got it i would transplant the motor and tranny in my 72 later down the road..... what do you guys think. asking price is 5k... I can't see paying more than 3k..... but let me know your thoughts guys

Old 02-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Cole Trickle
C-10 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukcaln View Post
so i met the guy and looked at the truck. it seems to be a pretty clean install. However, the needs would be tires and wheels. Bald tires and damaged wheels. Also the plastic is cracked in a few spots on the out side typhoon molding. needs alot of tlc and the speedo isnt hooked up but the gas gauge, temp and oil gauge works. Will need brakes and new shocks..... other than that i drove it and it seems to run fine and has some go go to it.....pretty fast. the motor mounts were welded in place and the engine sits at an angle, kinda the front of the motor is higher than the rear, no ac but heater and it has some slight vibration on freeway. I think it is because of the motor mounts. also the smog will be a issue in ywo years. guy has a smog certif but there is question there???? I was thinking if I got it i would transplant the motor and tranny in my 72 later down the road..... what do you guys think. asking price is 5k... I can't see paying more than 3k..... but let me know your thoughts guys

He could sell the motor/tranny tommorow for 3-5K if its complete and in good shape.

Not sure I would be intrested in a bastertized blazer but it would be fun if it all worked.
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
BarryB

^ what he said. If you buy it better buy stock in BFG. keeping rear tires is gunna be a chore.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
dukcaln

I passed on it.... just didnt want to put the money into it to make it a dependable daily driver.... guy actually came down on the price a fair amount but that inner voice that said no, that I never listen to, (until today) kept repeating "walk away". First time ever I listen to it..... don't tell the wife that I may have matured today...LMFAO
Old 03-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
SBTork
Garage wrench

seems like you made the right choice. Sometimes it's tough, but you have to walk away. Chances are, something better will come up.

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....
SBTork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #8
andrewmp6

Yeah i would have walked away too no heat no air and funny motor mounts.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote