The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2015, 01:48 PM   #1
kray59

Cool insurance

was involved in an accident saturday with my 71 daily driver . looking for any advice in dealing with at fault drivers insurance co. other driver admitted fault and was given a ticket . i seem to always feel done wrong when dealing with this sort of thing . thanks alot in advance . the guy was driving an enterprise rental car .

Beware the man who only owns 1 rifle , he probably knows how to use it.
kray59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #2
Grumpy old man

Re: insurance

1) Don't talk to anyone about the accident DON"T GIVE ANY STATEMENTS ,what your trucks worth , or how sore you are since then .

2) Hire an attorney and let him do everything for you !

Sad but true in todays world this is how it gets done !
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #3
smoked68

I agree, was involved in a bike wreck few yrs ago. Underinsured motorist. Long drawn out load of poo it was. Had to get an attny. First thing hell do is send you to a chiropractor. I was truelly hurt , but that's how it works. Good luck. Oh and all ...ALL insurance companies are out to screw you, yours included... Good Good luck to you bro.
4 bolt 383 Stroker,Weiand Super Charger, disc brakes, 9 inch, 391 gear, 20" Eagle wheels, muncie 4 speed/ Hurst shifter, 4/7 drop, Hedman midlengths, 3 inch exhaust w/ 2 chamber flows. 1966 Mustang with 306 roller, c-4, 9 inch Detroit locker rear. 1965 Fastback Mustang w/347 stroker, top loader 4spd, 9 inch detroit locker. 1966 Mustang coup, 306 roller, c4, 9 inch. 65 Cobra, 427, T6oo, 9inch, of course. First gen Hayabusa, airbox mod and running 2 exhaust cams.. Zoom Zoom Zoom
smoked68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:04 PM   #4
davepl

Shouldn't YOUR insurance act as your advocate when it's the other guy's fault? My wife got side-bumped on the freeway at speed, cops wrote the other person a ticket, and three months later they (the other driver) changed their story. The insurance was going to make it 50/50 but my wife fought that with our company and made our company deal directly with theirs. But then again my wife is pretty convincing, just ask her.

Maybe that's not the way it normally works, but it was handy compared to dealing with them ourselves.

- Dave
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:31 PM   #5
WH0DAMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kray59 View Post
was involved in an accident saturday with my 71 daily driver . looking for any advice in dealing with at fault drivers insurance co. other driver admitted fault and was given a ticket . i seem to always feel done wrong when dealing with this sort of thing . thanks alot in advance . the guy was driving an enterprise rental car .
I own a collision shop in Oregon and deal with this every day. The other guys insurance will call you and get a recorded statement from you. Tell them what happened in detail. The key here is the other driver ADMITTED fault. That's something you never do so...he is screwed. If you withhold information and lawyer up right away this will take FOREVER and your lawyer will be the one that gets all the $. This will work much smoother if you cooperate. Withholding information just makes you sound untrustworthy and they will immediately send you over to their lawyers...which are usually much better than yours. Since the other driver was in a rental car you need to find out if they were using the rental car companies insurance or their own. Everything depends on which insurance company you end up dealing with. Each one wants things done a different way. Give me that info and I can tell you what you want to do next. Since liability should be clear (he admitted fault) you definitely don't want to use your own coverage. That is called Subrogation and should be a last resort. Even though your insurance company will get their $ back from the other guys insurance, it's still $ paid out on your policy. If you decide to switch insurance carriers at some point that claim will show up as money paid out on your policy. This will make your quote on insurance more. If liability is clear with the guys insurance that hit you, always use that option 1st. The process will be smoother. You will also be entitled to a rental car while your vehicle is repaired at no cost to you. Hope this helps!

My 70 Chevy Suburban build:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=574056&page=3
WH0DAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:03 AM   #6
kray59

Cool Re: insurance

thanks to all for your repies/openions on how to go forward after my accident . WHODAMAN , thanks for your offer to help . if i ever get a staight answer from anyone i will share that info with you . the person on the phone refused to tell me who was carrying the insurance coverage . she did however tell me that the car was not rented by the fellow driving it but by the company he works for . she also supplied me with a claim number and a phone number to the adjuster .i called and left voicemail but have had no response so far . i have'nt had a day off and wont untill Cristmas eave so no estimate yet . the company the guy works for is the largest independaent contractor for security and survielance for the federal government ie homeland security , cia , secret service etc. WOW . now that is some luck . any how thanks again and will update occasionally .

Beware the man who only owns 1 rifle , he probably knows how to use it.
kray59 is offline   Reply With Quote