The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2017, 11:58 PM   #1
KyleSeal

ACC Carpet: What Type?

Looking at getting some ACC carpet but theres a ton of options. My truck will be a daily driver, what type should I get? Ill order from RockAuto, they have a ton of options. Also - is their 'medium blue' close to the stock baby blue or is it too far off? If its too far off Ill just get black.

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:33 AM   #2
FirstOwner69

Re: ACC Carpet: What Type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSeal View Post
Looking at getting some ACC carpet but theres a ton of options. My truck will be a daily driver, what type should I get? Ill order from RockAuto, they have a ton of options. Also - is their 'medium blue' close to the stock baby blue or is it too far off? If its too far off Ill just get black.
I have the ACC 80/20 loop with mass backing. It's the original carpet fiber type but probably not the most durable. One of the all nylon options would probably be better in that respect. ACC also makes carpeted mats if you are interested. I bought my carpet and mats from Rock Auto. However, if you want samples of types and colors you can get them at no cost from Stock Interiors www.stockinteriors.com. I can't help you with the color, but the samples should answer that question.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #3
weq92f

I just bought ACC mass backed standard pile ( 170 bucks ). Haven't installed it yet, but it is quality piece. ( low hump version ).

The pile is tight and looks good and the backing is far, far better that carpet with little or no backing. It's both a heat and sound barrier built into the carpet.

Hth,

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #4
Coley

Smile Re: ACC Carpet: What Type?

One thing about getting color keyed carpet that you have to consider...and I have been doing this too.
If it is anything lighter in color, including the Med blue....if you spill anything on it, like coffee, etc...it will be immediately obvious and you will be having to clean stains on it occasionally.
My highlander came with a parchment and blue interior...but a black carpet...and I'm hesitant to change that over to a blue carpet...despite that fact that I like the look of the med blue carpet 'when new' and when its first put in.
I'm just not sure if I could live with the day to day results....still thinking on it, but I do on occasion pick up a coffee and go for a drive, etc so I live real world with the truck and risks of spills, etc.

If your truck is just a show type truck tho' (ie: no beverages, etc)...then this might not be an issue.

Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:32 PM   #5
Devil Pup

You might give Brothers Trucks a call. They are slightly more expensive than rock auto but when I worked there I would mail carpet color samples all the time so you can physically see what color you want before ordering. Sometimes the extra cost is worth the service and gettin exactly what you want. Good luck either way
Devil Pup is offline   Reply With Quote