The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
jaimenunn

41-46 chevy truck shaved door handles!?!

hi guys, has anyone done shaved door handles on their truck? seen a few done when looking at pictures on google but was wondering the best way to do it or what kit to use?

thought about just attaching a manual cable/pull knob under the front fender or lower down on the firewall? not sure if i wanted to do it with electrics

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks

Jaime
jaimenunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
Oldchevypickup

Re: 41-46 chevy truck shaved door handles!?!

Jaime,

I have done it. Have bear claw latches and heavy duty 110 lb (I think) actuators hooked up to them connected to a remote. They work great. Now I am trying to figure out how to run a backup cable in case my battery ever died.
Oldchevypickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:08 PM   #3
CSHADES

Smile Re: 41-46 chevy truck shaved door handles!?!

I shaved the handles on my 40 when I built it in 1997. The best advice I can give you is--- don't do it. It is a pain to deal with unless your windows are down. When I redo this truck I am going to put the handles back on. If you really have to do it I bought a remote kit with actuators and electronics and used bear claw latches. I have a extra push button switch mounted under the running board in case I don't have the remote on me. You really don't need a extra cable because you can always get to the battery cable on the starter to charge the system. Just my 2 cents.
CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote