The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #26
Low69CST

Just want to say, thanks again for all your service. Hope you get home soon and safe.
Quad Suspension and Dual Tanks
Low69CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 12:24 AM   #27
70 longbed

Zooza1,

Best of luck. Make it home safe.

Drop me an email if you get a chance; shulkok@hqisec.army.mil. I will be headed your way mid October; being deployed to Afghanistan. Short tours for me, 90 days or so at a time, but return 2-3 times a year.

Anybody out there in Bagram/Kabul drop me a line; I will answer!!

70 CST longbed in progress. Hoping to get it back on the road soon.
70 longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:40 AM   #28
Jimbotronics
YA YA

Keith,

I've got a buddy at Bagram - I wanna say he's a jump master but not certain. He got there back in early May for a 1-year tour. I'll shoot ya an email with his info, look him up when ya get there.

'72 SWB - 350 (frame-off resto in progress - donations accepted)

'04 Chevy Avalanche

'03 Cadillac CTS (wife's ride)

Restoration progress - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=335707
Jimbotronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #29
zooza1

SGT. Hobbs , William, T.
779 th maint. (GS)
228 BCT
APO AE 09362 -9997
zooza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:57 AM   #30
zooza1

I was prior service usaf in clovis nm. cannon afb. was a crewchief n f-111d.
then after a break in service i jined the guard and here i am! YIKES!!!
As was said earlier i'm not really in need of anything . jerky yes , mags yep, the alcohol would be donated mostly to my barracks buds they arent dealing well with the lack of booze. if anyone wanted to they could just send a care package to "any soldier " at the same address . several of the guys dont get hardly any stuff so that would be good.
cards and letters are fine maybe include a picture of your trucks and some details maybe some soldier might get the bug!
gotta go , later....... zooza
Old 09-13-2005, 12:50 PM   #31
elk hunter

Just wanted to tell you that even though it's a bummer to be deployed to the cat box that is Iraq, I and all of America owe you a debt of gratitude for your service. Thank you.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:51 PM   #32
sdredneck
The Crazy Kracka

This is why I like people that work on their own rigs. We don't grip about the president and whether he has done a good job or not or that we shouldn't be over there. You guys just support us like we support our Nation. As Jerry Coleman says "My Country Right or Wrong"

If you are reading this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, Thank a Servicemember.

MM1 (SW) John Rosen
United States Navy

68 GMC LWB 396 BBC Camper Special
72 Chevy Blazer 4x4 with 406 SBC
73 Dodge Dart Sport with 340
sdredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:33 PM   #33
tomatocity

Correction: If you are reading this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, "Thank an American Servicemember".

I would like to see a list of the active military members that are members of this board. Be proud, stand and be counted.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:50 PM   #34
TsgtE662
2A674 Tank Rat

zooza1 - Thanks for your addy. We'll send ya packages of stuff, and give what you want to those you said don't get much of anything.
We got invited to one welcome home party that we sent packages to, and met the "kid" when he got home. He turned 21 like a week or so before he got home.

When were you at Cannon? I knew two Fuel Systems guys that went there in the mid 90's. Both are out now. ( One got booted for failing a Golden Flow with 17.5 years in)

I was told this past weekend that I was going to go there, until the Commander realized I am the only one in my unit in my career field. So they canned the plan of sending me. That made the wife happy atleast. He wouldn't tell me exactly where I would have went though. But that they had a request for an Aircraft Fuel Systems person.

Take Care

'92 GMC Sierra, Sportside, 2wd, 350, Black
'92 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 4 x 4, Blue
USAFR = 2A674 = Aircraft Fuel Systems Maintenance
i.e. Tank Rat
TsgtE662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:12 PM   #35
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

I wonder why my Listerine always tastes funny...it's the Jack in there!
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:42 PM   #36
WRMZ71
Cause the Chicks DIG IT!!

Quote "What other members are serving in the military? Let us know."

USMC Sept 2000 to present. Currently I-I duty OKC. MT Maintenance "Dirty deeds done dirt cheap"
WRMZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:13 PM   #37
Rdrdave
Broke and still trying

Zooza, THANK YOU from Alameda, previous home of the Naval Air Station! God Bless you and a safe return!
Rdrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 02:43 PM   #38
tomatocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRMZ71
Quote "What other members are serving in the military? Let us know."

USMC Sept 2000 to present. Currently I-I duty OKC. MT Maintenance "Dirty deeds done dirt cheap"
Here are the active military members I have collected since yesterday. Let me know if this info is correct and if you know of any other military service members.
zooza1 - currently serving in Iraq
70 Longbed
red71cheyenne
armyavncowgirl - soon to be serving in Iraq
sdredneck
TsgtE662
WRMZ71
4tiresngas
Old 09-14-2005, 06:50 PM   #39
70 longbed

tomatocity,

Don't want to take credit from those actively serving.

I am retired Army and now a Department of the Army Civilian being deployed in support of our active (Army / Air Force/ Navy / and Marines) no particular order there guys. LOL

70 CST longbed in progress. Hoping to get it back on the road soon.
70 longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 09:44 PM   #40
GenIIIShorty
JUNK COLLECTOR!!!!!

myself and drink2mny are both active duty AF. I'm about to come home from somewhere near afghanistan, and he's on his way over here. thankfully our tours are only about 120 days at a time.
GenIIIShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:53 PM   #41
55chevy
Car Truck Bike Nut

You did what??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooza1
I was prior service usaf in clovis nm. cannon afb. was a crewchief n f-111d.
then after a break in service i jined the guard and here i am! YIKES!!!
As was said earlier i'm not really in need of anything . jerky yes , mags yep, the alcohol would be donated mostly to my barracks buds they arent dealing well with the lack of booze. if anyone wanted to they could just send a care package to "any soldier " at the same address . several of the guys dont get hardly any stuff so that would be good.
cards and letters are fine maybe include a picture of your trucks and some details maybe some soldier might get the bug!
gotta go , later....... zooza

A lot of the guys we got in our Air National Guard Squadron came from the Army or Army Guard, you went the other way??? Just kidding, I SALUTE YOU, and a big hoo WAH! for what you and all the other guys are doing. Those F-111's were quite an aircraft eh? We had F-4 flying bricks when I started, nothing better for converting jet fuel into noise. Do you know the diffference between the pilot and the jet aircraft? The jet is the one that stops whining when the flights over

My bro in law is going back over in OCT for his 2nd tour with 4th ID, has some stories from 1st time when they caught Saddam. Keep your head low, safe travels and god speed.

Chuck Foster
MAJ (Retired) 122d Civil Engineering Squadron
DAC Dept Army Civilian Ft Rucker AL
94 3500 TD dually
so many cars so little time
72 K2 CST 2WD Blazer
55chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:24 AM   #42
zooza1

yes, i swung the wrong WAY it would seem.!! I would have retired from the usaf this october if i hadnt left after 4 years. but then agian i wouldnt have the wife i currently have and i wouldnt have my civiliian job which is waaayyyy cool. so things just have a way of working out. i'm not very pleased with the army but i get by only like 5 more years to retire. if i live that long! Till then my head is down as low as i can go!
Thanks for all the positive support without good comments this could get frustrating quick.
as for my truck it sits . i purchased a 69 or 70 lwb for the engine and trans but it sets also. maybe my bud will have it running someday. i'll be looking to sell the whole parts truck when i get home or i may put an engine in it and sell a runner. its an air cab truck with need of cabcorers etc. you all know how they usually are.! i'm not gonna worry about moving that yet, just getting home!
Later friiends .... zooza1
Old 09-16-2005, 12:50 PM   #43
tomatocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenIIIShorty
myself and drink2mny are both active duty AF. I'm about to come home from somewhere near afghanistan, and he's on his way over here. thankfully our tours are only about 120 days at a time.
Commitment is not measured in days and your 120 days (permanent duty) is highly appreciated. All of you have my heart. If you want, post an address and we can send you goodies.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #44
tomatocity

zooza1 a package will be oming your way soon. Is there anything (legal) special you want that will fit in a 84 inch box?

Have your buddy send you pictures of your parts truck so you can post them. Maybe it will be sold by the time you return.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #45
GenIIIShorty
JUNK COLLECTOR!!!!!

packages take about 2+ weeks to get here, so i'll be out the door by the time it gets here. thanks for the offer, though!
Old 09-16-2005, 01:58 PM   #46
tomatocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenIIIShorty
packages take about 2+ weeks to get here, so i'll be out the door by the time it gets here. thanks for the offer, though!
That adds a new angle to GenIII-SHORT-y
Old 09-18-2005, 05:13 AM   #47
zooza1

shorty you bought craigs truck huh? i came sooo close to buying it! hows things with it obviously on hold 4 now. where do you plan on going with it.? just curious.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:24 AM   #48
Martin64

Quote:
zooza1 - currently serving in Iraq
70 Longbed
red71cheyenne
armyavncowgirl - soon to be serving in Iraq
sdredneck
TsgtE662
WRMZ71
4tiresngas
I left Tallil (now Ali Base) 6 months ago. 407th AEG/ELRS/LGRVO.

1964(-ish) C10
Martin64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #49
GenIIIShorty
JUNK COLLECTOR!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooza1
shorty you bought craigs truck huh? i came sooo close to buying it! hows things with it obviously on hold 4 now. where do you plan on going with it.? just curious.
well, it has made it all the way to cali right now.......getting a truck all the way across the country is a pain! i have a 67 GMC cab and clip in almost perfect condition waiting for it to make its way up to WA. and i'm planning on bagging it, gonna start on the frame as soon as i can. winters up here make for some good project time, cuz you can't really drive 2wd projects in the snow! and i have a buick 455/TH400 combo to put in it. should be fun!
Old 09-18-2005, 02:16 PM   #50
zooza1

its good to see that you plan to make it a real runner. 455 have torque / will travel!