The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-06-2022, 07:44 PM   #1
jumpsoffrock

Re: Frame question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
OR just find a different truck altogether and sell this one to somebody that needs an older 1 ton
I also say you just find another truck. I got very lucky and found my 1-ton pickup after only a month, but had to trailer it 400 miles home. My point is some people like these HD pickups.
These 1 ton pickups supposedly aren't rare, but I don't exactly see them growing on trees; save this truck for someone who needs it or save it for another time for yourself.

......then again who's to say the next person to own the truck won't just lay down the cash and promptly say, "yep I'm gonna cut 'er up and make 'er one of them shortened slammed restomods...."

jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:18 PM   #2
kwmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpsoffrock View Post
I also say you just find another truck. I got very lucky and found my 1-ton pickup after only a month, but had to trailer it 400 miles home. My point is some people like these HD pickups.
These 1 ton pickups supposedly aren't rare, but I don't exactly see them growing on trees; save this truck for someone who needs it or save it for another time for yourself.

......then again who's to say the next person to own the truck won't just lay down the cash and promptly say, "yep I'm gonna cut 'er up and make 'er one of them shortened slammed restomods...."

Why the attitude?? I know where there is a 1/2 ton truck stripped out for about 200.00
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:09 PM   #3
jumpsoffrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Why the attitude?? I know where there is a 1/2 ton truck stripped out for about 200.00
We're starting to rant off topic here, but most of that statement was half hearted sarcasm. In reality there are still plenty of these trucks left for everyone, plenty left to be plundered if so desired.
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 01:24 AM   #4
kwmech

No, you started the rant. I was giving him an option then you stepped in with nothing. Take it somewhere else.

Adding to a frame is A LOT of work if done the right way. I've done it several times.
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote