The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #326
BugzC10

Re: pictures of shortbox stepsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgwill View Post
Sid

thanks for the link just cost me some more money my wife would like to thank you as well They are making me a pair of 15x10 to match my 15 x 8 at a coa of $175.00 each plus freight .
Way-to-go Will. Can't wait to see them mounted. What back spacing did you go with? What axle width do you have? One more......what tire size are you going to mount? 295/50s?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #327
BugzC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vondutch View Post
heres mine. just got it on the road.
Like the patina...is it original or did you paint it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #328
dgwill

Anyone looking for a Tailsgate ?
Attached Images

dgwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #329
dgwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugzC10 View Post
Way-to-go Will. Can't wait to see them mounted. What back spacing did you go with? What axle width do you have? One more......what tire size are you going to mount? 295/50s?
Posted via Mobile Device
going with 4" and Tire will be 50's as long as they stay inside the finders
Old 03-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #330
chopnchaneled

Quote:
Anyone looking for a Tailsgate ?
Is that a smooth gate, can't tell its so black and shiney?
Old 03-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #331
BugzC10

Quote:
going with 4" and Tire will be 50's as long as they stay inside the finders
Will,
I have 10" in the rear with 4" back spacing. My 295/50s stick out from the fender about 1.5 inches on each side. I don,t know my axle length, but your,s could be different...just sayin.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #332
Sid138

Quote:
Sid

thanks for the link just cost me some more money my wife would like to thank you as well They are making me a pair of 15x10 to match my 15 x 8 at a coa of $175.00 each plus freight .
Awesome!!! Are you gonna stick with your 275/60's on the back 10's? I'm glad I could help and I can't wait to see them mounted on your truck!!
1972 C/10 short step, 327/TH350, Blue Print H8002k Aluminum heads, 268 Lunati Voodoo cam, Lunati lifters, valve springs, roller rockers and Summit Racing dbl roller timing chain, Holley 670 Street Avenger dual line carb, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake, Summit ceramic coated long tube headers, Flowmasters, 3:73 gear, 15x10 Wheel Vintique Rallys w/ 295/50 front and rear, 2/4 drop, Custom Sound Head unit, Alpine amp, Fosgate Punch P3, Kenwood 6x9 in the doors, Grant GT w/tilt, B&M MegaShifter...etc
Sid138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #333
dgwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopnchaneled View Post
Is that a smooth gate, can't tell its so black and shiney?
yes it is smooth I'm replaceing it with a stock Tailgate
Old 03-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #334
dgwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid138 View Post
Awesome!!! Are you gonna stick with your 275/60's on the back 10's? I'm glad I could help and I can't wait to see them mounted on your truck!!
I'm not sure I may have to change the order I do not want the tires to stick outside the finder may have to change to a 5" back
Old 03-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #335
dgwill

Quote:
Will,
I have 10" in the rear with 4" back spacing. My 295/50s stick out from the fender about 1.5 inches on each side. I don,t know my axle length, but your,s could be different...just sayin.
Posted via Mobile Device
thanks i may have to change my order to 5" i do not want the tries to stick outside the finders
Old 03-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #336
BugzC10

Quote:
thanks i may have to change my order to 5" i do not want the tries to stick outside the finders
I took a closer look today...the rims look as if the are even with or just outside the edge of the fender. You definitely need to crawl under and take some measurements. I have to double check mine, but I think the most BS I can go with is 5", maybe 5-1/2. I've read that 5-1/2 is real close to rubbing on the inside.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #337
BugzC10

Quote:
I'm having a hard time deciding the type of rim to go with myself, but most likely I'll just run the 15x10's I have for awhile unless I run across a great deal on something different. I'll probably go with rallys myself or torque thrusts later on though.

I really hope you can find a narrower centerline to match the rear. IMO those rims really set your truck apart from the rest. I'll help ya look around my area also and I'll let ya know if I find anything, but you just don't stumble across those Tomahawks everyday..lol.

I think one reason Stockton doesn't post prices is because they specialize in custom wheels as ordered, but I agree they should have the standard rates for custom work such as widening, chroming, powder coating,..etc. However, another reason they don't post prices such as tossing together a complete set of Rally wheels, (including trim rings and centers) is pretty darn expensive with Stockton even for the "raw" wheel that would still need to be painted.
Thanks for the complements Sid! After I get her back on the road I'll reconsider changing wheels? Really not crazy about the fronts sticking out past the fender. . I'm going to the Dayton Beach Turkey Run at the Daytona Raceway next weekend. It is a huge car show and swap meet. Looking to find a set of wheels at a decent price.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #338
dgwill

Quote:
I took a closer look today...the rims look as if the are even with or just outside the edge of the fender. You definitely need to crawl under and take some measurements. I have to double check mine, but I think the most BS I can go with is 5", maybe 5-1/2. I've read that 5-1/2 is real close to rubbing on the inside.
Posted via Mobile Device
bugz

Thanks yeah I'm changing the order to 5" .
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2013, 02:49 AM   #339
Sid138

Quote:
Thanks for the complements Sid! After I get her back on the road I'll reconsider changing wheels? Really not crazy about the fronts sticking out past the fender. . I'm going to the Dayton Beach Turkey Run at the Daytona Raceway next weekend. It is a huge car show and swap meet. Looking to find a set of wheels at a decent price.
Posted via Mobile Device
You're welcome, Bugz and good luck at the swap meet.

Forgive me for changing the subject, but I've been meaning to ask you a question. Do you have front turn signals, and if so, are they behind your grille? And if so, how did you mount them? Ok, that was a couple of questions..lol, but the reason I'm asking is, I'm in the process of stripping the paint from my grill, and the situation isn't looking too great at the moment. I still have a long way to go, but if it doesn't turn out the way I'm hoping, I'm thinking of going with the '71-'72 outer with a billet inner when funds become available, and most definitely using the '68 front bumper that Dg sent me.

If your signals are indeed behind your grill, could you post a pic of them and a little info on mounting? When you have time of course,...any advice would be appreciated.
1972 C/10 short step, 327/TH350, Blue Print H8002k Aluminum heads, 268 Lunati Voodoo cam, Lunati lifters, valve springs, roller rockers and Summit Racing dbl roller timing chain, Holley 670 Street Avenger dual line carb, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake, Summit ceramic coated long tube headers, Flowmasters, 3:73 gear, 15x10 Wheel Vintique Rallys w/ 295/50 front and rear, 2/4 drop, Custom Sound Head unit, Alpine amp, Fosgate Punch P3, Kenwood 6x9 in the doors, Grant GT w/tilt, B&M MegaShifter...etc
Old 03-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #340
BugzC10

Quote:
You're welcome, Bugz and good luck at the swap meet.

Forgive me for changing the subject, but I've been meaning to ask you a question. Do you have front turn signals, and if so, are they behind your grille? And if so, how did you mount them? Ok, that was a couple of questions..lol, but the reason I'm asking is, I'm in the process of stripping the paint from my grill, and the situation isn't looking too great at the moment. I still have a long way to go, but if it doesn't turn out the way I'm hoping, I'm thinking of going with the '71-'72 outer with a billet inner when funds become available, and most definitely using the '68 front bumper that Dg sent me.

If your signals are indeed behind your grill, could you post a pic of them and a little info on mounting? When you have time of course,...any advice would be appreciated.
Sid,
Here's a few shots of the signals in the grill. One from the front and a couple from behind the grill. The PO, PO installed them. Looks like they are generic amber lights. They are functional. I may change them some day to LEDs.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #341
dbstepside

i'm not bugz but mine are located behind my grill. they are just mounted to the rad. support. mine are some aftermarket style turn lenses for a trailer that resemble the lights from a 67 or 68. my truck had a billet grill when i got it and a front roll pan. i put a factory style 72 grill in it painted black.
Attached Images

dbstepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #342
Sid138

Thanks Bugz and DB. I'm really hoping I can get my old grill cleaned and polished up for now, and even if it does turn out ok, I'm still thinking of going to the correct '72 outer and a billet inner grill later. And when that time comes, I'll know where and how to mount the signals. Thanks again!!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #343
codeJbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnd1978 View Post
Codejbird,

Is your truck going to leave joes shop looking like the black 72 that they brought to Detroit auto show?

Posted via Mobile Device
haha, I dont got it like that guy. That will be a sick truck. I got mine back from Joe in Dec '12. I've just been trying to enjoy it for now.

Any pic's of the Detroit truck?

Last edited by codeJbird; 03-20-2013 at 01:29 PM.
codeJbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #344
BugzC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbstepside View Post
i'm not bugz but mine are located behind my grill. they are just mounted to the rad. support. mine are some aftermarket style turn lenses for a trailer that resemble the lights from a 67 or 68. my truck had a billet grill when i got it and a front roll pan. i put a factory style 72 grill in it painted black.
I like this look and your mounting technic
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #345
dnd1978

Yeah you are right about that guy. Enjoy your truck as much as possible. I miss driving my truck Especially with the weather being like it is. I do not have any pictures of it, joe was touchy about it. It was very, very nice.

See you around
Dillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeJbird View Post
haha, I dont got it like that guy. That will be a sick truck. I got mine back from Joe in Dec '12. I've just been trying to enjoy it for now.

Any pic's of the Detroit truck?
Posted via Mobile Device
dnd1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #346
dbstepside

Quote:
I like this look and your mounting technic
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
i've been toying with the idea of putting the headlights in that have the leds in bottom of it and using it as a turn signal but i'm not sure i want to buy the high priced ones since people say the cheaper ones are just that cheap. i don't drive my truck alot but the blinkers i have now are very visible when flashing so i may just keep them. thanks for the compliments.
dbstepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #347
codeJbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnd1978 View Post
Yeah you are right about that guy. Enjoy your truck as much as possible. I miss driving my truck Especially with the weather being like it is. I do not have any pictures of it, joe was touchy about it. It was very, very nice.

See you around
Dillon

Posted via Mobile Device
I found a pic of the 72. It was one of the final 8 of the Detroit Auto Show's Ridler Award. Buddy Schulz of Washington, Texas called the Reaper.

http://media.mlive.com/detroit/photo...8-standard.jpg
Old 03-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #348
jus2qwk

just a few of ours

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1103c...chevrolet-c10/
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=598758
jus2qwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #349
jus2qwk

Like Father

Like Son

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1103c...chevrolet-c10/
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=598758
jus2qwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #350
BugzC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbstepside View Post
i've been toying with the idea of putting the headlights in that have the leds in bottom of it and using it as a turn signal but i'm not sure i want to buy the high priced ones since people say the cheaper ones are just that cheap. i don't drive my truck alot but the blinkers i have now are very visible when flashing so i may just keep them. thanks for the compliments.
I saw those lights also...but right now the price is a show stopper. I'll stick with what I have for now or move them inward mounted and grounded like yours.
Posted via Mobile Device