The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #11
1963c-10

Re: Big Block Build is what I'm calling mine. New pics inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Fleetside View Post
For the motor mounts I trimmed back about 1/2 inch. I used the rear holes but cut the firewall. As for the headers... I just put them in and made some marks on where to trim the frame. I think I just used a grinder. It wasn't very much if I can remember.
OK ,thanks. I'm using the CPP tubular mounts, so I won't have to trim the frame for them, but I will have to drill a hole in the crossmember for the lower bolt to go through. I guess I'll set the block in and see where it needs trimmed prior to doing any trimming. Was trying to save some time and pre trim, but with all the big block swaps I've seen everyone has different mounts, mounting locations, headers...etc. So safe bet will be to trim where I need to once the engines in. I've got a grinder so that's no problem there. I have an air nibbler too that I though might work, but I like the grinder better.

Fixing to drop a 1st gen 348 big block into the fleetside too....check it out if you haven't already. Will be a fun build.

I'm sure more questions will pop up as I go on with it. Thanks again.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote