The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2019, 12:16 PM   #1
Camaroguy

Son's 68 c10 Short Bed

Okay, so here's the backstory. I bought this 1968 c10 short bed about 7 years ago. The truck had been frame off restored in 2005 and daily driven for a while. It was then sold and left to sit outside for a couple of years and then sold to me. I am the 4th owner of the truck and it appears to have spent all of its life in New Mexico. When I bought it, I lowered it, put wheels and tires on it, swapped the original 327 for a 330 hp GMPP crate 350. I also added fuel injection and redid the interior. I drove the truck for a few years with the plan all along of it becoming my son's truck when he was old enough. I told him I would get the truck mechanically sound and a good driver but he would be responsible for working on it and getting it ready for paint. Fortunately, my dad owns a hot rod shop (Wild West Street Rods) and he does exceptional paint and body work. Well, my son turned 15 yesterday. He and I spent a day this past weekend pulling everything off of it we could in anticipation of it heading down to the shop.

The plan is to do paint and body work and get it back together. I am hoping to start putting it back together by the end of the summer.

This is a low dollar build. I am wanting him to have a nice, driver-quality truck that he put a little sweat equity into.

Today is day 1, and they have the bed off of it.
Attached Images

Current Built (68 c10 swb): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=787712

Last edited by Camaroguy; 06-03-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Camaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote