The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2021, 10:32 PM   #11
dsraven

Re: 59 Apache/C6 Corvette build

good plan. it sucks to be in a vehicle for any length of time if the steering wheel, speedo cluster and pedals aren't kinda lined up with the seating position. or if the pedal is cramped up against the doghouse or the speedo cluster is hidden by the steering wheel. I've been in a few builds like this where it all looked good and was assembled but then when you get in you can't see where the key goes in, can't see the gas gauge or speedo well, your leg is crammed against the console, the brake pedal is too close or too far away from the accel pedal or your foot slowly falls under the brake pedal after a bit of driving, the console height is a bunch different height than the door arm rest, you know, all those funny little things that make you wanna drive something else on that trip instead. "yup, it's nice but I'll take the car this time", or "my neck is sure stiff after that drive". that mirror looked good from outside but I can't see it past the door pillar
thats why we mock up with seats etc, so we know if we need to change something before paint or final touches. I was in one build with the owner and he was always shifting his auto into neutral while driving because the shifter was placed too far back in the console. kinda like my wife's acura. I am always turning on the wipers when I turn a corner, fat fingers. haha.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote