The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2023, 09:29 PM   #1
UniqueOdyssey68

Question Exhaust MagnaFlow mufflers w/5.3 swap?

Anybody have any videos of 14 inch MagnaFlows with a Gen III 5.3?
Searched a lot here and youtube and not much of this specific setup or it's not mentioned.
Getting custom exhaust done soon. 2.5 inch Dual 14 inch long oval MagnaFlows behind cab tucked into frame, H pipe. Not cats, just running straight out back under bumper (tip cutouts) to 3.5 inch rolled edge stainless tips. Headers are shorty's on a 2006 5.3 (L33 "H.O.") stock w/custom ecm tune.

Can't decide between 14 inch or 18 inch long MagnaFlows, but I'm thinking 14. I'm hoping for good flow, low restriction (LS engines like to breathe), Noticeable idle/rumble, enough to hear across the street (residential) or standing nearby but not streets over the whole neighborhood lol, and that smooth deep tone on acceleration, and aggressive on WOT. From the tons of reading and research I've done, dual magnaflows with minimal bends, straight and H pipe seem to be the way to go. I love the Flowmaster idle sound, burble, but I think in these single cabs and overdrive cruising RPM most Flowmaster's are to loud, drone a bit much and definitely don't flow as free as straight thru.

Any links to videos of Gen3 5.3 stock with 14 inch MagnaFlows would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Attached Images

- long term project '68 C10 true shortbed! Resto-mod. LS swap. Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=769919 "I've still kept this project truck when anyone else would've given up and sold it as is. Giving up is easy, staying the course is part of life's journey"