The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-20-2018, 10:24 PM   #26
CharlieSheen

Re: Any Cab Widening/Sectioning Builds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedog76 View Post
Don't want to poo poo on your idea, but this cab has plenty of room. It's riding on a 1 ton Dodge chassis.
There's something about those types of projects,and the giant Medium Duty crew cabs with pickup beds that makes me uneasy.I guess if someone drove a Mack for 40 years and retired and wanted a B-model pickup,I would support it.
CharlieSheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:36 PM   #27
CharlieSheen

Re: Any Cab Widening/Sectioning Builds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
He can keep the center point by doing like I said in post 9 and that is cut a strip out of the center of one cab just wide enough to take out the center point, cut the section out of the other cab with that width plus the amount he wants to widen it. That will most likely eliminate the cowl top vent but the truck will no doubt have AC so that is a moot point.

The glass will still be two straight flat pieces just five inches wider each than the original was.

Ir's going to be a bigger exercise in cutting, fitting and rearranging than my chop, section and stretch on my cab will be though.
Thanks for that.I would certainly be doing a lot of layout and sleeping on things and re-checking the cutting strategy before I take the wizzer to anything.

I have a cab and nose,in very,very good shape,intact and complete.That's the way I got things,I never saw it on a chassis.
CharlieSheen is offline   Reply With Quote