The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
Jesse49chevy

Jesses' 48 PU

Hello everyone, first and foremost, congratulations to all of you out there with your finished projects. Ive been working on mine for almost a year and im still a long ways from finishing, but as you all know, we are never done, and its the process that makes it worth while.
So here are some pictures of my progress and a little summary of when, where and why.
Obviously its been a dream of mine to own a truck such as this 48 Chevy, so last year I saw it posted on Craigslist in Tyler, TX. I quickly called and shot up to Tyler to pick up what I thought was a diamond in the rough, and boy was it rough. But I could see the finished product and I can see myself cruising on a nice Saturday evening. Obvioulsy my wife thought I was crazy for paying 600.00 for it. But I told her she would not be allowed in it after I was done. (year right).
So being that my dad is an OLD SCHOOL body guy, I took it down to Laredo to have him work the body for me, he too looked at me as if asking " are you serious" but being the good sport that he is, he agreed to make this his last project and give it back to me in better conditions.
I brought the chassis back to Houston so I could work on it. So here are some pictures of where we are at with it... still a ways to go.
By the way, I want to thank all of you out there who has shared your opinions and advise, but especially to BAM, your knowledge and advise has helped me out a great deal. I appreciate the late evening call to guide me towards the right direction. Also I was inspired by "LOWBUCKS Project" great info in that tread as well
Attached Images

Check out my project:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559086
Jesse49chevy is offline   Reply With Quote