The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
71K20chevy

'71 K/20 Build Thread

Welcome

Here's my first build thread, I'll try to update it as much as I can.

Here's a little background on me and the truck.

I'm Andy, and I've had the truck since I was 8. Got it from some friends of ours in South Dakota. We go out there every year for vacation. They own a 13,000 acre cattle ranch, so all the trucks get dented and whatnot Well the camshaft went out, and they parked it. One year, we were out there, and we said next year we'd bring a trailer out. At this point they wanted $1000 for it. So the next year comes around (2007), and we were explaining how it was for me and all that. They asked how much I had saved up ($450), and they sold the truck for that. Granted, it need the engine rebuilt, but we only had a couple hundred bucks in it. They also got a new transmission exhaust put in right before the cam went out.

So we parked it in the barn for a few months until we pulled the engine. Remember when the cam went out? They already had the new one in it So we put put new bearings and new valvetrain in, and we put some Lingenfelter heads on that we had laying around. We also put a high volume oil pump in, and an Edelbrock Performer intake. Other than that, the engine is completely stock.

We haven't done bodywork yet, we're saving that for last. I'm planning on painting it the original Hugger Orange/white. Out of the $2000 we have in the truck, $1700 of it is out of my pocket. I'm a professional dishwasher

Alright, I've probably bored you enough now, here are some pics of it from a couple months ago.

Thanks for looking!

Andy