The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #51
blazerparts
No,I DON'T have Tourett's

Re: S-10 door rubber review time

I got some from GMC Pauls........advertised for 67-72 non glue weather stripping . The box said for some dodge truck or something. They fit well and I am most satisfied.
blazerparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:49 PM   #52
shifty
Questionable

Man, I must have ordered the wrong door seals from GMCPauls, because the ones I got from them are glue-in

I already opened the package, so I guess I'm just gonna sell at a swap meet or something if I can ever make it to one. Anyone wanna buy some stock glue-ins for our trucks?

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:55 PM   #53
sick69

I was at the jy the other day checking out the electric latches on caddy trunks. imo they are pretty weak. the motor/gear mechanism is all plastic. the striker portion of the latch it low grade steal spot welded to a low grade flat arm with a screw gear welded at the other end. for trunks they are obviously ok but I won't be using these for door latches. something about my doors opening and falling out going down the highway isn't appealing to me.

don't get me wrong if I could find a car that uses steal gears and casing with a better quailty latch I would be very interested in using them.

electric open,,,electric close!

Frank
sick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #54
grebus1

I know this is an old thread, but I am still curious if any Burb owners have used the Dodge seals yet. I'm tired of re-gluing the original type seals in my Burb. I'm wondering if the Dodge seals could be miter cut and glued together for the 90 deg. corner. Or maybe the seal will bend enough on its own to make the corner?
Old 04-08-2007, 02:04 AM   #55
dalbers

Just ordered mine from gmcpaul, I'll let you know how they fit.
dalbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #56
JustLiveIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Chev View Post
Hi everyone.

...Snip

I still have the first set of S10 seals on my truck that I put on about 3 years ago, and still have to shut the doors pretty firmly, especially with the windows all shut.

Les
@GMCPauls
I have had mine for almost a year and the doors are very hard to shut. I am thinking about switching back to the stock seals.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:36 PM   #57
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLiveIt View Post
I have had mine for almost a year and the doors are very hard to shut. I am thinking about switching back to the stock seals.
I've got a pair, if you need them. Let me know, b/c they're just here gathering dust. Take whatever GMCPauls is asking for the pair, and I'll ship them to you for 20% less than that.

Actually - I take that back - if you want to trade, we can do that as well. I've done this with other board members - pay me via paypal, I'll send them to you with a return label, you ship your S10 ones back, and I'll issue a refund I have nothing but positive referrals in the reviews forum here and at ls1tech, and a 100% feedback level at eBay if reputation is at question.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 04-09-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #58
JustLiveIt

Thanks Shifty! I will PM you if I decide to take you up on your offer.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:00 PM   #59
shifty
Questionable

Ok, got a pair of the push-in seals from GMC Pauls as well. Well worth the cost.

They are made for 78-93 Dodge Truck. They come with a lifetime warranty. I guess I'll just sell the other ones on the parts board or something.