The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #26
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Re: Aftermarket Inner Fenders

I just got on their site to see what all popped up for my truck and they sell Auto Trust Gold inner wheel house....it says in the description that it is guaranteed for 5 years....even if you are in a wreck! You pay shipping cost and they will send you a replacement. Even with a little work, this is interesting.
nasqar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #27
turp mcspray

I used a pair of Tri-Plus inners, and I didn't even have grind a single bolt hole. They are just as heavy as the oem inners, and fit great. At $100 each, it makes no sense to fix originals, unless your time is worth nothing.
My Blazer build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342299
turp mcspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #28
jaros44sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by turp mcspray View Post
I used a pair of Tri-Plus inners, and I didn't even have grind a single bolt hole. They are just as heavy as the oem inners, and fit great. At $100 each, it makes no sense to fix originals, unless your time is worth nothing.
Gotta agree with you turp, bought alot of tri-plus sheetmetal over the years, even doors, and was never disappointed. My time is valueable, lets me work on other areas that need more of my attention, but, i think they changed their name to something else

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #29
El Campo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
Gotta agree with you turp, bought alot of tri-plus sheetmetal over the years, even doors, and was never disappointed. My time is valueable, lets me work on other areas that need more of my attention, but, i think they changed their name to something else

This IS impressive! They must ship them all North because I have yet to find a set in the south
72 Chevy SWB: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486626 (Attempt/Mistake #2)
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide with 2007 Street Bob front end
2000 Ford F350 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB, 310,000 miles running great (STOLEN St. Patricks Day 2014 AND NEVER RECOVERED)
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB (To replace stolen one)
Hook em Horns!!!
El Campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #30
rkintn_68

Quote:
Originally Posted by turp mcspray View Post
Who did you get m from ?

72 GMC K 1500 SWB W/ 68 CHEVY FR/CLIP -- SOLD

70 CHEVY C/10 LWB x 2 ----- SOLD

67 CHEVY SWB IN PROGRESS " ALMOST HEAVEN "

Build thread :

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...15#post6826315
rkintn_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #31
jaros44sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Campo View Post
This IS impressive! They must ship them all North because I have yet to find a set in the south
Yeah well, we cant give all our good stuff away ill give John a call, and see if i cant find a dealer near you

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

Jim
Old 09-08-2013, 04:59 AM   #32
C0UCH

Too bad you guys are all on the right side. I've got a set of clean inners that I won't be using anymore. Looking to let them go for fairly cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device
C0UCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #33
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0UCH View Post
Too bad you guys are all on the right side. I've got a set of clean inners that I won't be using anymore. Looking to let them go for fairly cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device
The OEM pair I have came fro CA via Greyhound. Mine were also cheap and with shipping added were only slightly more than new repro,so I went for it so my truck would be 100% OEM sheetmetal. I was fully prepared to use Tri-Plus with no reservations,until those popped up. Like I said before,I'm just being a stickler for OEM on this. The vibe is a ground-up piece by piece truck that comes across as not...if you catch my drift. I wish I could buy and shoot a 46 year old paint job (no,not faux patina). I

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #34
kcsa75

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
PM sent.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #35
turp mcspray

I got mine from a local Goodmark dealer. Since Goodmark no longer gets any parts from Tri-Plus, I would just check with the truck vendor nearest to you, to keep shipping to a minimum.
My Blazer build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342299
turp mcspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #36
jaros44sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsa75 View Post
PM sent.
Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
The gavel will drop

SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

Jim
Old 09-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #37
72bowtiestepper

OK..the pair of inner fenders I ordered arrived today via FEDEX. I have to say they look pretty good for Tiawan sheet metal. Comparing them with the totally rusted swiss cheeze originals, they seem to be slightly thinner gauge steel, but match up fine with the bolt holes in the fenders ( Drivers side fender is GM, Pass. side is aftermarket) Really can't beat the price ....$120 for the pair W/FREE shipping. After all, they are just inner fenders, not exterior sheet metal. After epoxy priming & some black paint, they will be good to go.
72bowtiestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #38
special-K
Special Order

Thanks for sharing

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #39
brian1971

I bought a pair of inner fenders from autopartswarehouse when I received them they were a little dinged up.I called them and told them they were slightly damaged so they told me to keep them and gave me a full refund.Pretty good customer service!

67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=558024
brian1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #40
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72bowtiestepper View Post
OK..the pair of inner fenders I ordered arrived today via FEDEX. I have to say they look pretty good for Tiawan sheet metal. Comparing them with the totally rusted swiss cheeze originals, they seem to be slightly thinner gauge steel, but match up fine with the bolt holes in the fenders ( Drivers side fender is GM, Pass. side is aftermarket) Really can't beat the price ....$120 for the pair W/FREE shipping. After all, they are just inner fenders, not exterior sheet metal. After epoxy priming & some black paint, they will be good to go.
These were the APW ones, right?

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #41
gipper

Jimmy, I was in Kalamazoo yesterday and went by a classic car/truck show. I seen trucks with trailers hauling used parts i there. May be worth the price of admission to go check it out!
gipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #42
JJH Jimmy

I got my inner fenders on Friday! I am just mocking things up on my build and getting the gaps where i want them, but they seem to fit pretty good. They were a little scuffed up, but no big deal they need primer and paint anyways. For $120.00 to my door I am impressed.
Attached Images

2021 GMC 2500HD Duramax AT4

My "It's a Jimmy Thing" Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=583528
Budget Build 1985 K20
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=801565
JJH Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #43
JJH Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gipper View Post
Jimmy, I was in Kalamazoo yesterday and went by a classic car/truck show. I seen trucks with trailers hauling used parts i there. May be worth the price of admission to go check it out!
Yea, that was the street rod nationals held at the fairgrounds every year. I skipped out of work early on Friday and checked it out. The swap meet section leaves a little to be desired. Not too much southern or western metal there. I did buy a hood there last year from a guy for $15.00. He said if he didn't sell it he was taking it to the scrap yard. It is not in the best shape but definitely way to nice to go for scrap.

Budget Build 1985 K20
Old 09-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #44
72bowtiestepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post
These were the APW ones, right?
Yes sir.....Automotive Parts Warehouse. The packing slip said they were shipped from Chesapeake VA. Shipped on 9-10 arrived to my door in NJ on 9-13. Free Shipping !!!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #45
67swb72klb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH Jimmy View Post
I got my inner fenders on Friday! I am just mocking things up on my build and getting the gaps where i want them, but they seem to fit pretty good. They were a little scuffed up, but no big deal they need primer and paint anyways. For $120.00 to my door I am impressed.
thats a great deal then they were allmost allways scuffed up from GM too for no extra charge
thanks for the update and good luck on the build
Old 09-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #46
jus2qwk

One thing I've never understood is why people are so scared to use aftermarket sheet metal. yes you have to work with it but unless you have an original truck with the original that came with that truck, you USUALLY have to do the same if not more work to the OEM stuff (blasting, rustrepair, dents ect,) My truck has basically all aftermarket sheet metal front clip minus the grille and our dump truck is all OEM and the amount of work it took to repair the sheet metal on the dump truck just isn't worth it to me.
if you have good rust free OEM parts by all means use them but here in VA those are far and few between... we don't quite have the weather like you west coast guys!
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1103c...chevrolet-c10/
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=598758
jus2qwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #47
jus2qwk

Oh yea as to inner fender fitment we I have used 3 or 4 sets and never had a problem with fitment... at most I had to extend a hole or two just a bit but that's better than patching up and body working a old set.... maybe I have just been lucky
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1103c...chevrolet-c10/
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=598758
jus2qwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #48
Lattimer

I bought a right hand one from that site, same brand, and it fit very well. Can't beat that price with free shipping.

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #49
72bowtiestepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus2qwk View Post
One thing I've never understood is why people are so scared to use aftermarket sheet metal. yes you have to work with it but unless you have an original truck with the original that came with that truck, you USUALLY have to do the same if not more work to the OEM stuff (blasting, rustrepair, dents ect,) My truck has basically all aftermarket sheet metal front clip minus the grille and our dump truck is all OEM and the amount of work it took to repair the sheet metal on the dump truck just isn't worth it to me.
if you have good rust free OEM parts by all means use them but here in VA those are far and few between... we don't quite have the weather like you west coast guys!
Well said....if you think the weather in VA is bad, the weather here in NJ, NY,PA, Conn. and so on is worse...they load the roads with salt after the first snowflake...no wonder our vehicles rust away to nothing so quick !
Old 09-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #50
JJH Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus2qwk View Post
I am not afraid to use repop sheet metal, but when something is a third of the cost of other repop stuff it makes you question the quality. That was why i posted. You know what they say "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is", well in this is not the case in this instance.

Budget Build 1985 K20