The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-05-2023, 12:51 PM   #1
Ehodg66

headlight buzzer

Should very truck have this even if they do not have the "buzzer" option? I cannot find this and all I have resembling the buzzer is a 4 pin module plugged in on the upper left of my fuse panel.

thanks in advance
Eric
Attached Images

Ehodg66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 07:55 PM   #2
TKCR

Re: headlight buzzer

Our trucks never had a buzzer for anything, as far as I know. I did swap out my module with one from a newer truck, like 88 and up. Now I do have a buzzer if the headlight are left on.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 07:11 AM   #3
mongocanfly
Post Whore

All mine have had buzzers...cant stand em..so I pulled them

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 09:30 AM   #4
Ehodg66

Thanks TKCR and mongocanfly for the responses

Here is what I currently have. A 4 pin module and 4 pin plug.(at top of the pic on top of the fuse bank) The module looks a lot smaller than the 7 pin module
When I turn my key all the way forward ,the buzzer comes on and the seat belt light comes on in the dash. I removed the module, neither work.

My truck is n 82 but there was a donor truck used by the previous owners. They did a frame off, but I'm not sure if the harness is the original.

thanks
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2023, 10:41 AM   #5
TKCR

If you go to the SEARCH button, and type in headlight buzzer, you’ll get a bunch of threads on the subject. You will probably find your answer quicker than waiting for someone to chime in.
Old 09-07-2023, 10:49 AM   #6
Ehodg66

"chime in"..LOL Pardon the pun

Actually, that's where I started and all I can find are comments referencing the newer 7 pin modules.

The only pics I've found online, that match my module, are a 76-81 camaro ignition/seatbelt module
Old 09-08-2023, 10:28 AM   #7
Ehodg66

TKCR,

One more question. You stated you added a buzzer module. Did you have the module socket assembly that i show in the first pic I posted?

thanks
Old 09-08-2023, 06:45 PM   #8
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehodg66 View Post
TKCR,

One more question. You stated you added a buzzer module. Did you have the module socket assembly that i show in the first pic I posted?

thanks
That I don’t remember. That’s been quite a few years ago when I swapped out the module with one from a newer truck. I would assume it looks like yours, because it would actually accept up to an 8 pin module.
The module I used from the newer truck was a 6 pin module.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:19 AM   #9
Ehodg66

Actually, that first picture is not
Mine. I found that on the forum. I can’t find that module setup in my truck. Mine is the pic of the fuse panel and the 4 pin module. That’s why I asked because it seems on more modern vehicles, all the harnesses are the same, the factory just doesn’t hook up certain things depending on the package you order with the vehicle. I thought they may have done the same in the 80’s but I just don’t see that module panel. Maybe the PO cut it out or it was never there. It’s not clear on wiring diagrams either.
Old 09-09-2023, 10:07 AM   #10
Getter-Done

If you use Option T63 in your search that will help.

I had a truck (or 2) that had that seatbelt buzzer and headlight buzzer stuff.

Here is one link I found.

Link: https://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vbo...d.php?t=763202

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 10:14 AM   #11
Ehodg66

Yes, I saw this thread as well. I do not have that option, but as I mentioned, I thought the panel may be under the dash without the buzzer module. If the option was added on the truck, they would just plug in the module. It would make sense not to have a variety of wiring harnesses.
Old 09-16-2023, 08:17 AM   #12
Axle

Quote:
Actually, that first picture is not
Mine. I found that on the forum. I can’t find that module setup in my truck. Mine is the pic of the fuse panel and the 4 pin module. That’s why I asked because it seems on more modern vehicles, all the harnesses are the same, the factory just doesn’t hook up certain things depending on the package you order with the vehicle. I thought they may have done the same in the 80’s but I just don’t see that module panel. Maybe the PO cut it out or it was never there. It’s not clear on wiring diagrams either.
I've never seen anything in my 81 or 83 that looks like your first pic. Where I have found buzzers is up by the horn relay above the parking brake. Just hanging on the wiring harness.

I want to say the 4 pin module is seatbelt buzzer, I've got one in my removed but save parts drawer, but I can't remember if I yanked it out of my 83truck or my 73nova.
Axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 09:46 AM   #13
Ehodg66

I guess mine never had the socket (first pic) either. I think my 4 pin is sweet belt and key on buzzer. I may just have to add the aftermarket headlight buzzer that I’ve seen others do on the forum.

Thanks for your input
Old 09-21-2023, 11:29 AM   #14
1774btcrew

Quote:
I guess mine never had the socket (first pic) either. I think my 4 pin is sweet belt and key on buzzer. I may just have to add the aftermarket headlight buzzer that I’ve seen others do on the forum.

Thanks for your input
I think the direct plug and play for the buzzer started in 84. The socket was mounted to the pedal assembly just to the left of the gas pedal. I just did this to my 85 2 days ago and it worked like a charm. There are a couple threads on here showing how to wire them in relatively easily if you don't have that socket. I pick up a few extra modules. They are posted in the for sale section. There was a dealer sold plug and play option sold for the earlier trucks.

1972 Cheyenne Super Short Bed big block "Blackie"
1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
1774btcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 11:37 AM   #15
Ehodg66

Just so I'm clear, are you talking about wiring in the socket as shown in pic 1 or an after market? I've never seen the socket in pic 1 sold anywhere and it looks like its in the harness.

I' have seen the threads on the aftermarket buzzer.
Old 09-21-2023, 12:00 PM   #16
1774btcrew

Quote:
Just so I'm clear, are you talking about wiring in the socket as shown in pic 1 or an after market? I've never seen the socket in pic 1 sold anywhere and it looks like its in the harness.

I' have seen the threads on the aftermarket buzzer.
Yes the wiring in the first picture is factory. GM did sell a buzzer kit for the four pen plug like you have.. Was not aftermarket but a factory GM piece

1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
Old 09-21-2023, 12:04 PM   #17
Ehodg66

Well, I would certainly buy one of your modules if I could use it.

Thaks for the info
Old 09-21-2023, 12:17 PM   #18
1774btcrew

Quote:
Well, I would certainly buy one of your modules if I could use it.

Thaks for the info
You are welcome. I got one of the factory four pin modules for
my 77.

Old 09-21-2023, 12:26 PM   #19
Ehodg66

I've got the 4 pin (as per pics) but its just the key turned on, possibly the seat belt as per comments i've read. I had my interior ripped out to install sound deadening and i don't remember seeing the wire for the seatbelt. That doesn't mean it's not there. I'm installing a subwoofer under the seat soon, so I'll look for it then. I really wanted that headlight module/buzzer. I'm getting a bit absent minded ..LOL
Old 09-21-2023, 12:33 PM   #20
1774btcrew

Quote:
I've got the 4 pin (as per pics) but its just the key turned on, possibly the seat belt as per comments i've read. I had my interior ripped out to install sound deadening and i don't remember seeing the wire for the seatbelt. That doesn't mean it's not there. I'm installing a subwoofer under the seat soon, so I'll look for it then. I really wanted that headlight module/buzzer. I'm getting a bit absent minded ..LOL
It's not like the factory buzzer you have but plugs in there. It was a GM made out on accessory

Old 09-21-2023, 12:34 PM   #21
Ehodg66

Ahhh, got it