The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2012, 01:45 AM   #1
boynton

1970 Burn Victim

I bought this truck on 10/30/12 from an insurance company. The truck had a fire under the hood that damaged the cowl, hood, dash, all of the wiring on both sides, a/c, ect. The fire department in an attempt to put out the fire damaged the fenders (left and right fronts), glove box, and finished off the hood. I paid a pretty penny for it though. It had a powder coated frame and a flawless step-side bed with oak in it.

The second day I owned the truck I began to tear it down. I first stripped away the interior and vacuumed out the dry Chem. BTW this thing had a pile of dry Chem throughout the truck... They did what they had to in order to save the rest of the truck but it was a mess!!!

Then my dad (who grew up with these trucks) helped me take the front clip off. I was then able to see the full extent of the damage. The cowl had been burned severely (this is where I discovered the fire was started on the firewall...some sort of electrical fire). I then decided to bring this truck back to the beauty it use to be i would have to give this truck a frame-off. This truck had received a frame-off restoration within the last four-five years.
Attached Images

boynton is offline   Reply With Quote