The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
Redneck Rydes

Vent window assembly's

I think this has been asked before,but can't seem to find the answer,has anybody used the new/remand vent window assembly's. Also which company would be good to buy from,I am going to do my power window motors on my 1985 C/10 this winter and figured I might as well fix these or replace them while it is all apart.
Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #2
TKCR

Re: Vent window assembly's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Rydes View Post
I think this has been asked before,but can't seem to find the answer,has anybody used the new/remand vent window assembly's. Also which company would be good to buy from,I am going to do my power window motors on my 1985 C/10 this winter and figured I might as well fix these or replace them while it is all apart.
I don't believe anyone sells the complete vent window assemblies anymore. Your best bet, is too send them to Precision and have them rebuild them, if you don't want to do them yourself. It can be a handful. I sent mine to them and they came back like new. Mine were the cheaper route, I had them reuse my original glass & handles. I have since found a set of NOS handles that I replaced.
Here is the info for the guy at Precision:
Greg Stroik
715-359-7837 ext. 8235
Attached Images

Last edited by TKCR; 11-12-2018 at 05:11 PM.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
Mattchu60

LMC started selling complete new vent window assemblies a while back - not sure this link will work but heres a try: http://www.lmctruck.com/features/cc/CCVW1.htm

I personally have not used them. $200 a side, would be curious to see if anyone has tried them.
Mattchu60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:15 PM   #4
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu60 View Post
LMC started selling complete new vent window assemblies a while back - not sure this link will work but heres a try: http://www.lmctruck.com/features/cc/CCVW1.htm

I personally have not used them. $200 a side, would be curious to see if anyone has tried them.
When you add them to the cart, it's says they are no longer available. It has said this for awhile now, so I don't know why they don't take them off the site. It would be much better to have the originals rebuilt. Then there's no reason to worry about figment issues.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:27 PM   #5
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
When you add them to the cart, it's says they are no longer available. It has said this for awhile now, so I don't know why they don't take them off the site. It would be much better to have the originals rebuilt. Then there's no reason to worry about figment issues.
Looks like they are selling them again, has anyone purchased them?
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:04 AM   #6
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Looks like they are selling them again, has anyone purchased them?
Even if LMC is selling them, I wouldn’t use aftermarket, if they dont fit like the oem you’ll have even more problems. And you would have paid a lot of paid for those problems

Last edited by TKCR; 01-09-2020 at 07:31 AM.