The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #76
meter swinger

Re: 55-56-57

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDO View Post
wow,
there sure are some good looking trucks on here. Here's my work in progress. The wife took these this weekend after getting the truck back on the road again.
Nice truck. Are those IROK wheels? Also i see your in P-cola, i'm from destin. Usually go back once a year to see my mom. Sure do miss that gulf coast cookin.
Posted via Mobile Device
meter swinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #77
Dan in Pasadena

LDO, I don't think Jim-Bob will think your pics are a hijack at all. He wants to know about these trucks. Yours looks outstanding. Huge congrats. Can you tell me how you lowered yours and what size the rims & tires are? Any rubbing issues?
Posted via Mobile Device
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #78
LDO

Meter Swinger - I thought the same thing (Iroc) when I first saw them but no, these are 6 lug wheels. Chrome is in pretty good shape too so they're staying. Let me know when you're back in town, Destin is a nice drive for me.

Dan - Thanks for the PMs and info/advice. Guys like you that helped out when I asked tons of questions is what got her put back together! The rims are 20" and i'll get ya the tire size when i get home. The rear is at stock level I haven't messed with it but I'll have to count the # of leafs to make sure the p/o didn't remove any. The rear fender lip is about even with the edge of the wheel height. I think it looks good. The front will get a 3" dropped axle from Sid pretty soon. I believe that will bring the front wheels more level with how the rear looks. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the compliments.
LDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #79
meter swinger

^^^ that drop will look awesome with those wheels.
Posted via Mobile Device
meter swinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #80
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Hey LDO,

This is BAM from the other site. Its nice to know you are back on the road and enjoying your truck. That's great I hope you are smiling ear to ear while cruising, I know I will be once I get mine on the road.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #81
jim-bob

..Hey Bob..I don't think it's hi-jackn' if it's about the original post..anyway, if it is..I am enjoying and learning from all these post..thanks to everyone!
jim-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #82
LDO

Hey Bam,
tried to PM you pictures of the ride but they wouldn't go thru. Yeah, it's a blast riding around with no particular place to go!

Thanks Jim-Bob. I'll get to posting some pics this weekend.

Hope everyone has a safe weekend.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #83
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Hey Bam,
no particular place to go!
LOL. That's one of my favorite songs to cruise to when I drive my 55 Sedan.lol Chuck Berry's No particular place to go.

I hope I'm not having issue receiving pm's.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #84
Dan in Pasadena

LDO,
Now I'm on a real computer instead of a smart phone and I can see your pic's better. Looks like you might have installed those pre-made vent panels with the speaker housings built into them. If so, may I ask where you got them and if you'd recommend them? Also, did you make your own filler prices for the radio holes or did you buy one somewhere?

I bought a necker knob on eBay and it didn't fit my steering wheel because the wheel is too skinny. Did you have any truble with that one? Does it help at all?
Old 09-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #85
LDO

Bam,
I think you're getting PMs, I just couldn't figure out how to attach a pic to a PM is all.

Hey Dan,
no problems with the necker's knob at all. And I find it helps quite a bit on some turns.

The kick panels are cool. I really have no use for them since i have no radio but now I get twice as much air flow in the cab! They came with the truck when I purchased it but I'm pretty sure they came from classic parts or LMC.

The dash was filled and painted when I purchased the truck. I'm not too sure how well that job was done but when the truck gets final paint, I'm sure it will get re worked.

If anyone needs closer or better pictures of anything on my truck, feel free to ask.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #86
LDO

Interior pics as promised

Before:

AFTER:

Carpet in back panel:

Ok, that's enough for now, don't want this to become my build thread. I've got lots more pictures of everything I've done so I'll start working on my build thread.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #87
Dan in Pasadena

Not so fast there, cowboy! Ha ha. You gotta let us ask at least a few questions. What's the filler covering and why? Its under the seat AND covered in...what? Peel 'n Seal, by any chance? If not, what product did you use?

Looks like you painted at least the floor and part way up the cab back wall with flat black. Rattle can or what? Are you uasing adhesive to hold the carpet or a perimeter metal moulding of some kind?
Old 09-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #88
LDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Not so fast there, cowboy! Ha ha. You gotta let us ask at least a few questions. What's the filler covering and why? Its under the seat AND covered in...what? Peel 'n Seal, by any chance? If not, what product did you use?

Looks like you painted at least the floor and part way up the cab back wall with flat black. Rattle can or what? Are you uasing adhesive to hold the carpet or a perimeter metal moulding of some kind?
hahaha ok, I painted the entire floor with rubberized undercoat. Also did the inside of the doors. I let that cure and sit in the sun for a couple of days. Then I applied the peel & stick as well as some fat mat I had. Then I carpeted the back wall using 3m spray adhesive and finished it off with some door molding edging trim around the sides and top edges.

not sure what you meant by filler covering....
Old 09-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #89
Kim57

Re: Interior pics as promised

Quote:
Before:

AFTER:

Carpet in back panel:

Ok, that's enough for now, don't want this to become my build thread. I've got lots more pictures of everything I've done so I'll start working on my build thread.
Very nice color.
Kim
Old 09-24-2011, 12:22 AM   #90
Dan in Pasadena

Quote:
....not sure what you meant by filler covering....
Thanks for the info. I didn't see a pic of the chrome molding at the carpet edge but I'll go back and double check. Is it attached with some kind of adhesive?

The filler I asked about is the white pasty stuff in the first two pic's above.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #91
LDO

Red face Re: 55-56-57

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I didn't see a pic of the chrome molding at the carpet edge but I'll go back and double check. Is it attached with some kind of adhesive?

The filler I asked about is the white pasty stuff in the first two pic's above.
Dan
The door molding is black and I put it on the edges of the metal. It has its own glue inside the channel. I will take a better pic of it tonight.

I see what you are calling filler now. It isnt filler. The p/o decided it was a good idea to use sheets of styrofoam on the floor and inside the doors. He glued it with liquid nails too....
I spent many hours with a razor trimming away all this crap until my fingers bled (literally)...what you are seeing is a very thin (like an onion peel) paper film that the styrofoam left behind. My flapper wheel killed all of that. Nothing but nice shiny rust free metal underneath once I got all the junk out of there (did I mention that my fingers bled?)
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #92
jim-bob

..ya know Bob..I think ol'Dan is trying to catch you in something that you're not suppose to be doing lol:
Old 09-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #93
Dan in Pasadena

LDO- Wow what a royal pain in the .., posterior! I'm really liking your spray rubberized undercoat before the Peel 'n Seal. Especially that it's available at Pep Boys! I'm copying that. Hadn't thought about doing that IN the doors but I'll be doing it now. Did you weld up holes in the firewall or just go over them with the P&S?

Jim-Bob, The only thing you're not supposed to do around here is speak of yourself in the 3rd person, lol!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #94
jim-bob

..there ya go Dan..trying to confuse me
..on a serious note: What do yall think about "Be-Quite" sound deadener/insulation material?
Old 09-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #95
Rude Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim-bob View Post
..there ya go Dan..trying to confuse me
..on a serious note: What do yall think about "Be-Quite" sound deadener/insulation material?
It works cheaper than Dynamate, Have you found a project yet?
Rude Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #96
LDO

Unhappy Re: 55-56-57

Quote:
LDO- Wow what a royal pain in the .., posterior! I'm really liking your spray rubberized undercoat before the Peel 'n Seal. Especially that it's available at Pep Boys! I'm copying that. Hadn't thought about doing that IN the doors but I'll be doing it now. Did you weld up holes in the firewall or just go over them with the P&S?

Jim-Bob, The only thing you're not supposed to do around here is speak of yourself in the 3rd person, lol!
Posted via Mobile Device
I used the holes in the firewall for my wiring and choke cable. I think one of the holes was welded by the p/o though.

The peel n stick is good stuff but will gum up a drill bit if you use it to clear up a hole so dip them in thinner afterwards.

I used small rectangles inside the doors where I could reach. Also inside the removable door panels. Seems my build thread for pics of that.

Once I marked my seat and seat belt mounting holes, I used my soldering iron to burn in and carterize the holes. Now they wont fray and the carpet fibers wont interfere with getting the bolts started.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #97
jim-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude Dude View Post
It works cheaper than Dynamate, Have you found a project yet?
..naw rude..got a lead on a 55 that i'm to look at tomorrow..??
Old 09-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #98
pro1955

1956 355/350 Camaro 10 bolt.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #99
Rude Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro1955 View Post
1956 355/350 Camaro 10 bolt.
Sweet Truck this the look I am going after simple yet cool! What size are the rims and tires
Rude Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #100
Dan in Pasadena

Agreed, that is a NICE truck. Are those Coy's? 18's? Yes, please tell us the rim & tire sizes and how it is lowered. I'd love to duplicate that look if I can (afford it...ha...ha)