The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-29-2003, 12:28 AM   #1
orange72350

Big Problems

As I was swinging my motor back into the truck on sat, my engine crane jack decided to let go and drop the engine about a foot, thus resulting in the harmoninc balancer bolt crushing 2 main channels in my rad. ive never repaired a rad, but the guys i work with say that its easy. the one channel has a pinhole leak in it(i prssure tested) but the other channel is mearly smooshed a bit. can a guy repair this? ive heard that there are kits almost like solder, that can fix it. its gonna cost me big $$$$ to ship it to a rad shop. a new rad is also big $$. any guidance is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance

dale

2000 skiddo mxz 700. Camoplast 1.5 inch track, jaws twin pipes, b+b can, custom built and weighted clutch, wiseco piston, high comp heads. its very fast. wow.

72 c-10 longbox. Bright Orange. Brand new 350, rv cam, performer intake, qjet, headers, 2 1/2 inch exhaust into hooker areo chamber mufflers. Body work coming soon.

"dont let yer mind wander, its to little to go places by itself."

"Forget the herse, cause i'll never die"-ACDC Back In Black

"If It's To Loud, Yer Just Too Old"

"I Love Anything Fast Enough To Do Something Stupid In"

"Instant idiot, just add beer!!""
orange72350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 12:43 AM   #2
Chevy Wrench
former desert rat

Location: salt lake city, utah Home of the 3 M's Mormons, methlabs and minivans
Hey guys, its been awhile since my last post. I have a baby due in September and am in the process of buying a house...and no, my 67 is not for sale. Anyway, to answer your delema. I would bet my left arm that there is a radiator repair shop in your area. You might want to flip trough your telephone book. From what you described, the damage sounds minor and could be fixed for a lot less than you might think. I dont see a reason to ship your rad. anywhere. Good luck, and sorry to hear about your accident.
John
94 Chevy Silverado Ext cab 4/6 drop w/ 18's and 2500watt system (work truck). 67 Chevy swb under const. frame off custom, 20's, bagged and a large rat under the hood,and a 1940 Chevy truck under const.
Chevy Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 12:47 AM   #3
orange72350

i already looked through the phone book, theres nothing. the closest rad shop is a 5 hour drive. i live in tha sticks!!!! thanx fer yer concern, just damn glad i didnt have my hands or fingers or any other body part in there when it decided to go.

2000 skiddo mxz 700. Camoplast 1.5 inch track, jaws twin pipes, b+b can, custom built and weighted clutch, wiseco piston, high comp heads. its very fast. wow.

72 c-10 longbox. Bright Orange. Brand new 350, rv cam, performer intake, qjet, headers, 2 1/2 inch exhaust into hooker areo chamber mufflers. Body work coming soon.

"dont let yer mind wander, its to little to go places by itself."

"Forget the herse, cause i'll never die"-ACDC Back In Black

"If It's To Loud, Yer Just Too Old"

"I Love Anything Fast Enough To Do Something Stupid In"

"Instant idiot, just add beer!!""
orange72350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 12:53 AM   #4
Chevy Wrench
former desert rat

Location: salt lake city, utah Home of the 3 M's Mormons, methlabs and minivans
Well I guess there goes my left arm...Wonder what the shipping would cost me??? haha
94 Chevy Silverado Ext cab 4/6 drop w/ 18's and 2500watt system (work truck). 67 Chevy swb under const. frame off custom, 20's, bagged and a large rat under the hood,and a 1940 Chevy truck under const.
Chevy Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 01:03 AM   #5
jhow66

Got a propane torch? Get some acid core solder and fix it yourself--easy to do.
jhow66 is offline   Reply With Quote