The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
rsavage

1968 K20 Fire Truck on Craigs

Thought I'd post this as an FYI (not mine). Ontario NY Fire truck. 22,000 orig miles. I went to look at this last Sunday. Very solid truck except for forward sections of both driver and passenger floors. Will need rockers inner and outer and portions of the floor pans including the forward most floor brace. The Reading utility box is in excellent shape except for the bottom area of the large horizontal door on the driver's side, the inside compartments and bed are perfect. Frame looks good. Has the HD rear axle with 457 gears if I am reading the SPID correctly and a factory delco alternator/generator. 16.5" wheels. 327 Engine ran beautifully. Has lots of holes in the cab such as those through the roof mounting the light bar (which come with it). Has some rear tow hooks, trailer hitch, etc. It was used as a grass fire truck. Paint was redone once some years ago - looks like an enamel. Shines nice but has chips in various spots. Pinch welds on bottom of doors looked good, bottom of hood looked good, inner fenders looked good. If the cab floors didn't repair, I would submit a bid, but I would be buying it to flip and don't want a project. It is on the Rochester NY Craigslist.

Here's a link if it works
https://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/4680181948.html

2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
BLT gmc

Re: 1968 K20 Fire Truck on Craigs

Awesome. Thank you for the pics and description. Bruce
BLT gmc is offline   Reply With Quote