The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #1
bluex

porterbuilt orders

Im just curious who all here ordered from porterbuilt AFTER feb 17 an have already recieved their parts?

If you don't mind saying what, when an who you ordered through Id appriciate it.

Thanks
Paul
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
PBFAB.COM

Re: porterbuilt orders

Paul-

There are 7 open orders that are dated previous to 2/17 that have not yet shipped. Yours is one of them.

We are finishing up the last couple items to complete the order and it will be shipping by the end of the week.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:13 PM   #3
bluex

Ive heard that about 6 times now. Its always next week. Im a little frustratred with the extra 7 week wait. You also never called me back today like you said you would. That call would have avoided this thread.....
Old 04-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluex View Post
Ive heard that about 6 times now. Its always next week. Im a little frustratred with the extra 7 week wait. You also never called me back today like you said you would. That call would have avoided this thread.....
I apologize for the frustration. However, I am not Dave... so I will have to take it up with him in regards to not getting back to you.

However, you ordered a Stage 2 Rear Deluxe kit which is typically an 8 week build time with our current production schedule. Obviously with you claiming an extra 7 week build time there was a miscommunication somewhere. We are running a little behind on those components

I am staying late doing a couple other things and saw your thread so I went out and checked on the parts. The only piece not yet completed is the trailing arm x-member which is scheduled to be finished up tomorrow or Thursday.

I will make sure we give you a buzz tomorrow.

Nate

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Old 04-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #5
bluex

I just assumed you were dave, sorry. That's the issue then, Dave told me a 3-4 week delivery time when I asked an everytime i asked after that period i got the same two more weeks answer....
Old 04-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #6
bluex

Ive also been told two different times now that my parts are all done, just waiting to be boxed an shipped and now youre saying they aren't even finished?
Old 04-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #7
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
I just assumed you were dave, sorry. That's the issue then, Dave told me a 3-4 week delivery time when I asked an everytime i asked after that period i got the same two more weeks answer....
I do apologize for the miscommunication. If you were told 3-4 week build time or... then you have a right to be frustrated. I will discuss it with Dave tomorrow.

When we implemented our new production schedule it pushed the 73-87 stage 2 rear kits back a little (as we don't sell a lot of them compared to our other product). That pushed them to an 8 week projected build time. As mentioned, I apologize if you felt you were getting the run around.

In the meantime, all I can go by is what I see on the inventory sheet and production schedule. Your kit is short a trailing arm x-member and it won't be built until tomorrow or Thursday. But it will ALL ship by Friday... I can promise you that much.

I will make sure we follow up again with you tomorrow.

Nate

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Old 04-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #8
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Ive also been told two different times now that my parts are all done, just waiting to be boxed an shipped and now youre saying they aren't even finished?
Depends how technical you want to get. Everything is boxed and finished except for the trailing arm xmember.

Nate

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Old 04-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #9
bluex

Im going to have to quit posting now because if i don't I'll probably get banned.

I'll be waiting for the call tomorrow. If you want nate i can forward you the entire email string. I was expecting 6-8 weeks, when i asked if that was the wait time he said it was actually 3-4 on the parts i ordered.

Done means done to me, technical or not
Old 04-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #10
mcm1209

Good thread
Seems like they are trying to make it right!!
Ban Dave LOL
mcm1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:16 PM   #11
american revolution

Have to wait for quality.

look at the silver lining...your putting the best stuff on your ride and it will definitely be worth the wait
american revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:45 PM   #12
bluex

So to update this thread if anyone is paying it any attention...

Dave did call me wed the 23. He basically said the same stuff Nate said above an apologized for not calling me back on the 22nd. At the end of their business day on the 23rd I got the tracking numbers for all the parts. They arrived today an from what I can tell I believe everything is there minus the hardware to attach the axle to the trailing arms. One thing I'm not sure how I feel about is the logos cut into the trailing arm crossmember an the upper shock bar do not match. The shock bar is the old logo an the other is the newer squared off one. A minor detail maybe to some but its possibly going to bother me.

So overall I'm happy with the parts an I think Dave probably needs an assistant as hes a difficult man to get ahold of.

I've wanted this kit for a long time, you can search square body trailing arm conversion an I am in almost every thread. I had two options, CPP an porter. I chose porter because of their awesome reputation an the fact that the kit looked a lot more substantial than the CPP one. The quality of the product speaks for itself now that i actually have it in hand, personally though I feel the after sale customer support needs a little work. Just my opinion from this experience which I'm sure isn't going to be a popular one around here....
Old 04-29-2014, 10:24 PM   #13
Special-Ed

@porterbuilt... maybe you should consider a good software package for your business...

one that integrates crm, production, inventory etc...

I would highly recommend SAP business one... it can help a lot and give one voice to the entire company. feel free to hit me up for more info... its what i use for the manufacturing company i run. with the few clicks of a mouse any employee that answers the phone could give real time information and look at any note per each client.

i cant stand passive agressive crap... no room for it.

its obvious some people have never ordered a custom couch or some kind of custom mill work... 2 weeks mean 2 months, 8 weeks means 4 months...

this is not walmart where you buy off the shelf...

Last edited by Special-Ed; 04-29-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Special-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:55 AM   #14
supercheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special-Ed View Post
its obvious some people have never ordered a custom couch or some kind of custom mill work... 2 weeks mean 2 months, 8 weeks means 4 months...
I disagree with your entire post. I don't want to derail this thread but I just think it needed to be said.

Thanks
supercheyenne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:21 AM   #15
MattPSU

Glad to hear you parts finally came and that you're happy with the quality. You just joined the ranks of those of us who have seen Porterbuilt's quality products first hand. Welcome aboard!

As for the 2 weeks means 2 month's comment... I work for a company that offers high quality components for a number of industries - pharmaceutical, food & beverage, chemical, etc. None of the items we offer are low end, and everything has a long lead time (generally 4-10 weeks). But we quote accurate lead times on 98% of the items we quote, and we're dealing with a dozen different manufacturers. We also generally quote longer lead times that expected. Under promise, over deliver. I agree that quality takes time and money, but it doesn't excuse inaccurate information.

Knowing the quality, old school craftsmanship that Porterbuilt offers, I would think they would adhere to the same old school, deliver when promised mentality. For their sake, I hope this is an isolated case and not a glimpse at the future. I know they have a lot going on now too - I think they just moved, upgrading their marketing/website, etc.

Hopefully they sent a shirt, hat, key chain or something to make up for the poor communication!

Can't wait to see the finished product. Good Luck - Matt

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

UPSTATE SC GM TRUCK CLUB: FACEBOOK WEBSITE
MattPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #16
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
So to update this thread if anyone is paying it any attention...

So overall I'm happy with the parts an I think Dave probably needs an assistant as hes a difficult man to get ahold of.

The quality of the product speaks for itself now that i actually have it in hand, personally though I feel the after sale customer support needs a little work. Just my opinion from this experience which I'm sure isn't going to be a popular one around here....
Paul-

I am paying attention.

We appreciate any and all feedback, good or bad. Our overall goal is to give our customers a positive experience before, during, and after the sell, as well as providing them with the quality they expect from Porterbuilt.

Research will show that we have a very positive reputation when it comes to service and quality. It would be unrealistic to expect things to go perfectly smooth 100% of the time.... but we do our best to make this happen. We also do what we can to correct the errors and miscommunication when they arise. We do our best, but sometimes we fall short. Our end goal is to make our customers happy enough that they tell their friends AND they give us return business. We do ZERO paid advertisements and rely strictly on social media and word of mouth to promote our products.

Paul, we hear you loud and clear... and we will do all we can to make you proud to run our product.

Quote:
@porterbuilt... maybe you should consider a good software package for your business...

one that integrates crm, production, inventory etc...
Ed-

As we continue to grow and expand, we invest in software, equipment, and people to help improve the process and increase productivity. We have some things in place to help in the inventory and production control... it isn't perfect yet, but it is getting there.

I appreciate the recommendation and will look into it.

There are several challenges that go into running/growing a business, as anybody knows, but we are doing a pretty decent job and ALWAYS looking to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPSU View Post
Glad to hear you parts finally came and that you're happy with the quality. You just joined the ranks of those of us who have seen Porterbuilt's quality products first hand. Welcome aboard!

As for the 2 weeks means 2 month's comment... I work for a company that offers high quality components for a number of industries - pharmaceutical, food & beverage, chemical, etc. None of the items we offer are low end, and everything has a long lead time (generally 4-10 weeks). But we quote accurate lead times on 98% of the items we quote, and we're dealing with a dozen different manufacturers. We also generally quote longer lead times that expected. Under promise, over deliver. I agree that quality takes time and money, but it doesn't excuse inaccurate information.

Knowing the quality, old school craftsmanship that Porterbuilt offers, I would think they would adhere to the same old school, deliver when promised mentality. For their sake, I hope this is an isolated case and not a glimpse at the future. I know they have a lot going on now too - I think they just moved, upgrading their marketing/website, etc.

Hopefully they sent a shirt, hat, key chain or something to make up for the poor communication!

Can't wait to see the finished product. Good Luck - Matt
Matt-

Fortunately this situation is NOT an everyday occurrence. Paul was expecting to receive his parts MUCH sooner than he did, and that is 100% on us.

We try our best to over-deliver... but also give a realistic time-frame. On occasion we are delayed, and many times we over-deliver. We have implemented some processes and changes our production schedule around to where in the next few months we will be able to provide an even shorter build time.

Paul sent us an email last night, and I will be following up with him today.

Nate

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Old 05-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #17
bluex

Nate and I hashed everything out through several emails yesterday. All my issues were addressed and my missing items are on the way. While this experience had its problems they have been resolved now and I can say overall I'm happy with the whole deal now.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #18
bluex

Quote:

i cant stand passive agressive crap... no room for it.

this is not walmart where you buy off the shelf...
Im assuming this is directed at me. I saw your original post and I honestly have no clue why you added this to it.

No I have not ordered custom funiture or anything like that. I have however dealt with many other things being ordered, either personally or through/for my job that have long lead times. Generally they all deliver within the original quoted time frame or early. Why in the world would anyone quote someone two weeks delivery when they know it will be two months. Thats just bad businees and leads to situations like this.

My original intent of this thread was to see if my order was getting pushed to the side to get more volume out the door. I knew going into this there would be a wait, I was plesantly surprised when I was told it was going to be shorter than I originally thought. I also knew that the kit I ordered was not a high volume seller (something that Nate even said in this very thread) and that was another reason why I figured it might get a lower priority in the name of productivity/production numbers. During my wait I was also seeing people ordering through distrubitors and getting wait times as low as 5 weeks when I had already waited longer than that. This added to my frustration because I was thinking if I went straight to the source it would be an easier/faster transaction by cutting out the "middle man".

Your original post was helpful to this thread, your edit however isnt and wasnt needed imo.

Anyway like I said earlier everything is good now and this thread can be locked or whatever needs to happen to it.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #19
classicchev

HMMM.. Im in a situation right now, not anything to do with our trucks, been 5 months to get my " custom"spindles" from the suspension order i placed . I received everything but the spindles months ago from the $8000 plus suspension order that has been paid for!!!. Rarely do I get a reply to the email I send, usually takes 4 or 5 ????

So the comment about custom orders???? Why do people promise things, then promise things and so on? I think I may have to start bashing him and his company on the forums he posts his stuff for sale on, I think I may have a right too!!
Old 05-09-2014, 01:34 AM   #20
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicchev View Post
HMMM.. Im in a situation right now, not anything to do with our trucks, been 5 months to get my " custom"spindles" from the suspension order i placed . I received everything but the spindles months ago from the $8000 plus suspension order that has been paid for!!!. Rarely do I get a reply to the email I send, usually takes 4 or 5 ????

So the comment about custom orders???? Why do people promise things, then promise things and so on? I think I may have to start bashing him and his company on the forums he posts his stuff for sale on, I think I may have a right too!!
Classicchev-

Just to clarify.... You're not referring to an order placed with us.

I hope you get your spindles soon.

Nate

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson