The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
hjewell2

Re: Been extremely dissapointed with mail order parts suppliers for this project

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurospec1 View Post
Sorry to vent, but this is getting a little frustrating, here are my experiences so far

First, why does it seem most of the vender's (with the exception of Brothers) have websites that are old and impossible to navigate, incomplete, cant figure shipping, and just plain inadequate? I have been building cars for years, and never ran into such a problem before in any style of vehicle that i have needed parts for. I don't get it, if your business is mail order parts, please bring your website out of the 1990's, i mean one of our major suppliers website looks like they scanned their catalog...

My first order, i bought parts from a vender because everyone said they have the best sheet metal, and wont sell ya the Chinese junk, so i ordered some rockers for my 68, and low and behold i received Chinese junk that did not fit, i made a phone call and the problem was fixed, and tri-plus parts sent out to me, but this put my off schedule by a week.

Second order, i ordered a inner-fender, front end bolt kit, and battery tray. Inner fender arrives, but no bolt kit or battery tray, turns out to try and save on shipping the wrapped the bolt kit and battery tray inside the inner fender, but only with bubble wrap, so of course, battery tray and bolt kit were lost. So, another phone call is made new battery tray is sent out, but they don't have any more bolt kits in stock so they will refund me for that. 2.5 weeks later, still no refund so i have to call back AGAIN to get my refund, excuses are made and i get my money back, but this whole ordeal costs me about another week on the project. at this point i didn't even want to bring up the HUGE crease that was put in the inner fender during shipping because they did not pack it well enough, i'm gonna just have to pay my body man to fix that.

So, try number 3, i order the front end bolt kit form another vender, its a bit more pricey but it clearly states that it includes the mounting hardware for the radiator support, which the other did not so i thought sweet ill get it, i order it, and suddenly a hidden shipping charge of 17$ that was NOT displayed on checkout shows up on my account, well i guess their website was designed in the 70's and cant figure shipping correctly, so without notification they just charge the card, and to top it all off, i receive the kit, and it does NOT have any hardware to mount the radiator support! I just emailed this company, and have not heard back yet, but either way this is going to put my back another week.

I know this is a long drawn out vent, but it is so frustrating, ive been ordering parts and other things online for years, and NEVER had this many problems..
If I may ask what vender or vender's did you use?
hjewell2 is offline   Reply With Quote