The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
NTR72GMC
2wd FTW!!!!

Re: New Member - 72 Jimmy: Project Knuckledragger mountain commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
That is pretty clean... I'm trying to decide if it's easier to swap the grill that I have or the hood.

Thanks a lot for the bumper lights. I'll be putting them in this weekend.
No problem, If you want I have a 67-68 hood you can have I wouldn't mind freeing up the space its taking up.
NTR72GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
snowblind

I took the last few weeks off from working on the Jimmy. I was out of town, then it was REALLY cold, then Christmas crazyness, etc, etc. It's still pretty cold here now but if I let the cold stop me I'll never get anything done.

This weekend I put in the Chevy bumper lights I got from NTR72GMC, installed a new dash pad, installed a new passenger door switch for the interior lights, plugged up a bunch of firewall holes, connected the wiring harness for the Pioneer head unit I got for Christmas. I also set up a little block of wires behind the glovebox with "12v constant", "ignition hot" and "interior light hot" for use when wiring my power/heated seats. The dash pad was BY FAR the biggest pain in the @$$ and took probably 4 hours.

This coming week I'll finish of the wiring/installing the door speakers, put some patches over the fuel filler holes in my rear quarters and hopefully get the new passenger seat mounted.

Here are some current photos. I took the fender trim off last month to put fresh paint on the grill and I haven't put it back on yet. I'm toying with the idea of going with a 67-68 hood and going trimless...

'72 Jimmy Build

Last edited by snowblind; 12-27-2009 at 11:30 PM.
snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #3
snowblind

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTR72GMC View Post
No problem, If you want I have a 67-68 hood you can have I wouldn't mind freeing up the space its taking up.
What color is your hood?

I'm not sure on what I want to do. From the photos I've seen I can't decide if I like the look of the early or the late hood better. I also kind of like the fender trim... I probably need to come out to your place one day and see the hood in the flesh.

'72 Jimmy Build

Last edited by snowblind; 12-27-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
NTR72GMC
2wd FTW!!!!

Quote:
What color is your hood?

I'm not sure on what I want to do. From the photos I've seen I can't decide if I like the look of the early or the late hood better. I also kind of like the fender trim... I probably need to come out to your place one day and see the hood in the flesh.
I have a white one and a green one, the green one is the one on my truck right now.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #5
snowblind

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTR72GMC View Post
I have a white one and a green one, the green one is the one on my truck right now.
The white one might work... paint my cowl and windshield white and it would be like one big racing stripe. :-) I have too many things on my plate right now but give me a few weeks and I might take it off your hands.

Here's a photo of my new head unit. It's a Pioneer DEH-P510UB. In addition to all the other usual stuff it features front and rear USB connections to play music from ipods or thumb drives. There is a very real chance that this stereo will NEVER have a CD inserted...

'72 Jimmy Build
Old 12-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
NTR72GMC
2wd FTW!!!!

Quote:
The white one might work... paint my cowl and windshield white and it would be like one big racing stripe. :-) I have too many things on my plate right now but give me a few weeks and I might take it off your hands.

Here's a photo of my new head unit. It's a Pioneer DEH-P510UB. In addition to all the other usual stuff it features front and rear USB connections to play music from ipods or thumb drives. There is a very real chance that this stereo will NEVER have a CD inserted...

If you use the green one it will look like a pumpkin! That's cool with me these next few weeks are going to be crazy for me as well. Cool radio by the way.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #7
snowblind

We had about 4-6" of snow in the last 24 hours. I continue to be impressed with the transfer case and 4wd capabilities of this old rig.

The ski resorts are expecting upwards of 20" by tomorrow morning. I'll be heading up to shoot photos but I have no idea what time I'll have to make the drive. The road is regularly closed for avalanche danger. I will get advanced notice of the closure but it may have me driving up at 11:30 at night... or 6 a.m.

Here's a photo from Christmas Eve.

'72 Jimmy Build

Last edited by snowblind; 12-30-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #8
Jtrux
I'm a poor spectator

I would love to be able to drive mine up into some snow like that someday, looks fun. I've only seen light snow in all my years (all 25 of them that is).

1993 Chevy 2500 4x4 ExCab LWB 454/NV4500 Tow rig

1977 Ford F100 2x4 LWB 1st truck I owned, still have it!!!

1979 Ford F150 4x4 SWB Built Ford Tough!!!

1971 Chevy Blazer 350 / SM465 / NP205 UNDER CONSTRUCTION Soon to have a LQ4 6.0!!!
Jtrux is offline   Reply With Quote