The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #51
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Re: Midwest Board Meet Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Sammy wrote:

We still have the contact list and it is current. Problem is noone will sign up for it. There are 9 signed up here in Missouri. Springfield 3, KC 1, STL 2 (3 counting myself), Jeff City 3. There has been a stuck thread in GD trying to get members to sign up for a long time. It has also be discussed about doing away with it because of lack of interest.

Of the three name I had to call, one was better than an hour behind you and the other was maybe 30 miles away but hasn't been on the board for some time. I don't have a trailer, but had some ideas, and noone called me back.

The only way the contact list works is if members here sign up and give us their information.
w/ Randy

It seems like in MO, we are lacking in the way of help from members in the state, but had the guys been a little closer I would have jumped in and helped them out without any questions.

Here's a prime example of why the Emergency Contact list was created...

Come on Midwestern guy's sign up!

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)

Last edited by 72BlckButy; 06-07-2009 at 09:19 PM.
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #52
Sammy

I will look again at the contact list tonight and add my number and info. When we tried finding the contact list the heading would show up but wouldn't open to reveal any info. Only through preknown numbers were we able to contact Mudder n 72BLBUTY. Just wanting folks to realize a tool is available as board members that we can support each other with.

"You can wash a pig, soak it in most expensive perfume. In the end it is still just a pig."

ODD BALL build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=478629"
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #53
Mudder

The only ones able to see the list are Josh, Liz, and Myself due to privacy concerns. That's why our numbers are posted to the public. To get on that list you need to PM one of us your contact info, where you are located, phone numbers, names, etc and something brief as what you have to offer.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=159313

That thread is in the Site feedback and Announcements Forum

Last edited by Mudder; 06-07-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #54
roluje

Hey everyone!!
Wow what a weekend! Looks like Sammy has been keeping everyone informed but have we got a story to tell !!! This will be one to tell around the campfire for some time to come. It all started out great.

Talked with my GF Tess (what a great gal BTW) and said hey, a fellow truck junkie has his truck stranded in Kirksville. He needs a trans, I have a trans that needs overhauled and I have a nice dovetail trailer. Do you want to go to St Louis this weekend? Sure she says. We plan to rescue Firedogs truck from Kirksville and deliver it to just south of St. Louis. Then we can hang out and see some sites, relax, and have a mini vacation!

Well that was the plan anyway! It all started out that way and here are a couple pics going down the road.
Attached Images

1982 Chevy 4x4 K10 Scottsdale
1999 Dodge 1500 Quad-Cab
1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ
1981 Kawasaki KZ650
roluje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #55
roluje

A little over an hour from kirksville after getting loaded up the dodge starts to loose power and miss. pull of to the side for a moment then it seems better, so head a little further. I decide, let's pull a plug to see if maybe there's a little fouling going on. Pulled number one wire and the end stays on the plug! Oops! A little roadside repair recrimping a plug with with a screwdriver, long nose and standard small pliers. This is when we started laughing and joking about whose going to recover the recovery team? These pics from from the plug wire repair on the side of the road. Head on into Columbia with it missing pretty good but and least still pulling the load. We find an O'reilly's and change the plugs and wires. We also bought a cap and rotor but it is way back there under cowl on these dodges and not easy to reach. Fire it up and it sounds fine in the parking lot. Shut it down and clean up and put tools away. Pulling out of the parking lot it seemed better but still missing. Somewhere part way between Columbia and St. Louis after getting worse we pull over and change the cap and rotor. It was a little old but obviously not the full problem.
Attached Images

1999 Dodge 1500 Quad-Cab
1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ
1981 Kawasaki KZ650
Old 06-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #56
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Ron, you should have called me a little earlier Saturday morning, I would have tried to help out as much as possible.

I got your message last tonight (stupid cell phones....) but was glad to hear you made it home. You sir are in line for some major rep points!!!!!

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #57
Sammy

At least it wasn't raining like it was at 8 am in Kirktown..

"You can wash a pig, soak it in most expensive perfume. In the end it is still just a pig."

Old 06-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #58
roluje

Well, we get into Wentzville and the poor dodge is just not pulling the load very well. We eat at steak and shake and start discussing options. We looked for the emergency contact list but using my iPhone is a little hard to navigate the site. We found list but couldnt' see it as Mudder pointed out. I talked with 72BlckButy and got some contact numbers of people he knew in the rough area including Mudder. I talked with both Mudder and 72blckbuty and discussed options. I know that if either of them were closer they would have been there in a minute. Firedog was at work but Sammy talked with him and he found a buddy to come pick up the trailer and get his truck the last leg. We (My GF, daughter, and me) holed up in the Super 8 in wentzville and hoped without the extra load the good ole dodge would make it home. Mudder called as we were eating breakfast to see how we were doing and I talked with him a couple times on the way home. We started heading home from wentzville (no fun in St Louis, daughter a little upset).

Pulling itself much better without the extra load. Seemed to be running on seven cyclinders maybe. Got a little worse as we went and by Boonville seemed like it was running on 6 cylinders. By the time we get to odessa maybe 5 cylinders. Just 40ish more miles, come on baby you can do it. It felt like it was trying to give up the ghost and quit but I kept telling the ghost to stay away from the light!! Just a little more, please. Couple miles from the house it acted like that was all she wrote but it kept trying. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can is what I heard the truck saying.

Well here it is sitting in my driveway. I took my Jeep to take Tess home and i forgot what it felt like to step on the gas pedal and have the vehicle pull strong Anyway, I have to drive to Pueblo, CO Thursday night and back on Sunday so I guess I know which truck I'm NOT driving to CO May have to drive the GF's Hyandai or maybe the Jeep . Hmmmm Jeep no A/C all across Kansas in June, maybe not

Anyway, sorry for the long posts. I just wanted to add that now that I'm home. I can say that all in all I had a good weekend. Met some nice people talked to more nice people and hopefully built some more friendships. It is sometimes a little hard to find good friends nowadays but to find good friends with similar intrests in priceless and treasured. My trailer is still at Sammys all the way accross the state so I will be making another trip in a month or so to get the trailer. I plan that weekend to be a little different and maybe plan time to stop and visit new friends along the way. A huge THANK YOU to everyone involved this weekend and and the thoughts and concerns. The dodge is real SICK so surgery to come in the near future. Not too bad for 215,000 ish miles After getting back from CO I'll do some further diagnosis including compression check. I expecting bad news but will deal with it then. I'll post back up when more is known.
1999 Dodge 1500 Quad-Cab
1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ
1981 Kawasaki KZ650
Old 06-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #59
roluje

Sammy,
We did run into quite a bit of rain on the way home but it seemed short compared to the whole weekend. It was on again and off again but at least not raining while doing roadside repairs

Thanks for the good times
1999 Dodge 1500 Quad-Cab
1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ
1981 Kawasaki KZ650
Old 06-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #60
Mudder

Got your message this evening and was really glad you made it home.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #61
roluje

Thanks again Mudder and 72blckbuty. I know that both of you would have been there in a minute if you could !!! Believe me, I'm glad I made it home too!!! I'm always glad to lend a hand whenever I can and will PM you my info to add to the contact list giving you another one from the KC area. Speaking of helping out, anyone have an extra dodge 5.9 gas laying around???
1999 Dodge 1500 Quad-Cab
1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ
1981 Kawasaki KZ650
Old 06-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #62
Mudder

Ron check with Chrysler dealers in your area that are closing. I have read that they are getting rid of stuff pretty cheap just to get rid of it.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #63
Sammy

Don't worry about the trailer. After I get the truck off I'm moving it into the fenced yard with the dog. She's not kind to intruders. And when you do get here I'll crank the BBQ grill up for a meal. So plan a few hrs to kick back in your plans.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #64
firedog

wow what an ordeal, i never thought our little trip to kirksville would turn into such crazy trip, all i got to say is not only have i learned more then i can imagine from this site but have met the most amazing guys around special thanks to slick71 and great big hug pat on the back to roluje for going way outa the way. and you guys can be certain that someway somehow i am going to make it to kc for the all truck nats i just hope that it will be in the 68

THANKS AGAIN SLICK71 AND ROLUJE YOU EVER NEED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW!
Tach/tilt/buddy buckets
Bagged/18" Wheels
Black on Black

Project "Pandemic" the Farm Rat
1927 Chevy Capitol Truck Rat rod
'30 Model A Frame
Dual Carb 5.3 LS
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=804162

2007 GMC 4 DOOR 2WD
BUILT 5.3 STAGE 3 CAM 93 TUNE
LIFTED 22X12 WHEELS 33" TIRES

2023 Jeep RENEGADE
Wifes ride
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #65
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I'm sorry you guys had so much trouble. I'm very glad you all got home and Firedog's truck made it home safely. It is always good to hear about members helping other members in this day and age.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #66
roluje

Well, for anyone following the story of firedog's recovery trip. I actually got around to running a compression check on the tired old dodge tonight. As suspected no good news there. Here are the results:

1=130 2=125
3=50 4=120
5=120 6=60
7=50 8=100

no for the decisions. Options:
a) Sell as is for reduced price for someone else to work on (I do have 3 project trucks and a Jeep that need continued attention).
b) Rebuild what I have
c) find used motor to install
d) buy a rebuilt/create motor

I'm leaning toward a) or c). Oh well, off to bed now.

Ron
1999 Dodge 1500 Quad-Cab
1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ
1981 Kawasaki KZ650