The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2020, 09:10 AM   #1
daddyjeep

Re: off it goes

Why is there no video link here?
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=786514
daddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:24 PM   #2
ajgriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
Why is there no video link here?
It's 2020...we're lucky he chooses to post anything here to be honest. Lots of folks posting to Instagram rather than the forum these days. Instagram is my only "social" media account because so many of the builds I was following here had the photos on Instagram first and eventually they stopped posting here period. Unfortunately for me, I'm taking a break from Instagram so I missed the video too
Old 05-21-2020, 06:49 PM   #3
kipps

I'm sure you mentioned at some point, but I've forgotten -- Where's the battery hidden?
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:43 AM   #4
daddyjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriffin View Post
It's 2020...we're lucky he chooses to post anything here to be honest. Lots of folks posting to Instagram rather than the forum these days. Instagram is my only "social" media account because so many of the builds I was following here had the photos on Instagram first and eventually they stopped posting here period. Unfortunately for me, I'm taking a break from Instagram so I missed the video too
I don't understand the trend to move builds to social media vs forums. Forums are just a cleaner way to present the information. I do have an IG account that I look at once in a while.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=786514
daddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #5
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
I don't understand the trend to move builds to social media vs forums. Forums are just a cleaner way to present the information. I do have an IG account that I look at once in a while.
too true!.. I listen to "C10 talk" (podcast) and it is funny how he mentions background story lines as "back in the old forum days" (meaning this forum). i'm like: "whadda ya mean- old forum days"

I assume that the conversion is due to the convenience of FB and IG on your phone as opposed to having to "log on" to the internet... but I for one am an old hold out & going to stay true to the forum!
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:40 PM   #6
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
too true!.. I listen to "C10 talk" (podcast) and it is funny how he mentions background story lines as "back in the old forum days" (meaning this forum). i'm like: "whadda ya mean- old forum days"

I assume that the conversion is due to the convenience of FB and IG on your phone as opposed to having to "log on" to the internet... but I for one am an old hold out & going to stay true to the forum!
I push the same number of buttons to get to IG as I do this forum (and 2 others). IG does not capture the depth of things forums like this can. I asked a builder many people follow a question about the trailer fenders he uses for his dually set-ups. Instead of any type of answer, he 'liked' my post. Wow, that helped.

I'll admit, IG is wearing on me these days. I can't stand FB & the commonalities are more & more evident every day. I especially dislike the every 4th post advertisements constantly advertising some music/rap video.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 04:50 PM   #7
ajgriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I asked a builder many people follow a question about the trailer fenders he uses for his dually set-ups. Instead of any type of answer, he 'liked' my post. Wow, that helped.
Unfortunately, that's a microcosm of so many things in our world today. That's why I put "social" media...there isn't a whole lot that's social about it

Sorry for the thread hijack chromaholic, but rest assured us forum junkies are still holding out for the rumble rumble video
Old 05-22-2020, 05:09 PM   #8
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriffin View Post
Unfortunately, that's a microcosm of so many things in our world today. That's why I put "social" media...there isn't a whole lot that's social about it

Sorry for the thread hijack chromaholic, but rest assured us forum junkies are still holding out for the rumble rumble video
I follow CHROMAHOLIC here & on IG. Pics are great. Pics with information = greater.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote