The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
cmkruse

Angry Disapointed with the vendors

Hey Guys just wanted to vent about my recent experience with Classic and CPP. I ordered a brake booster from classic and it was drop shipped from CPP. I had to call to verify if I had the right part as there was no part number on the part or on the box and the one sheet instructions listed it was for an A body / F body vehicle which is for a car I think. Nothing said it was for my truck or if it was the disc/drum version that I needed. I called both vendors and didn't get much reassurance other than CPP sent me a picture of the one I am supposed to have. Of course it was the same picture from the website which shows the firewall boot and four bolts/nuts. Neither of which came with my booster. I envy you guys that are close enough to got to the parts places direct and don't have to deal by mail order. Anyway I hope you have better luck than I did and maybe it's the right booster and I won't slam my head on the windshield when the brakes are applied.

Thanks to all the forum gurus for their help past and present.
cmkruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
67 cst swb

Re: Disapointed with the vendors

This is by far not the first time I have heard someone is not pleased with Classic Industries or CPP.
I try to use the smaller board supporting vendors.
I also really like using Tuckers Classic Parts when I am in Las Vegas or Early Classic Enterprises for Suspension parts or anything else they carry.
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB originally a 327 TH400 3.73 Posi AC PS PB, had Buddy Buckets, Small Window - parts truck
1967 Chevrolet CST LWB, 283 MT 3.73 had Buddy Buckets, Panoramic Window - parts truck
2001 Chevrolet 3500 2WD Crew Cab Dually 8.1L Allison White
2002 Chevrolet 1500HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.0L 4L80E Red
67 cst swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
TrkEnvy

Re: Disapointed with the vendors

Cpp really is hit or miss. I've had good experiences and I've had bad ones with them. I do have to agree with the post above. Tucker is one of the reasons I'm so happy to live in Las Vegas.
1971 C10 - LWB shortened to SWB, welded in my C notch, reinforced trailing arms with 3/16 plate, new cpp 5" rear drop springs, 2" drop blocks, ece super panhard kit. Cpp drop spindles, 2 inch front springs, 5.3/4L80E

I call it Bruce Banner..
TrkEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote