The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2020, 08:21 PM   #1
Tony71c10

E brake cable Question

Got a question. I purchase a 10 bolt rear end for my 84 but just noticed that the ebrake cables are different. I believed the one that came with the replacement 10 bolt is from a 73-83 truck. Can I just swap the cables and get the ebrake working. Trying to see what's the easiest way to get ebrakes on the rear-end. Thanks in advance for any info
Tony71c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #2
kglowacky

Re: E brake cable Question

LMC has both styles pictures of e brakes lines in there catalog. I had the opposite problem. I had a 87 rear end with cables and a 78 truck. I think of you have your old cables you can just change them out at each wheel drum and you should be good to go. I think the insides of the brake drums are the same on all these models as to hoe the cable connects.
kglowacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:48 AM   #3
Tony71c10

Re: E brake cable Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglowacky View Post
LMC has both styles pictures of e brakes lines in there catalog. I had the opposite problem. I had a 87 rear end with cables and a 78 truck. I think of you have your old cables you can just change them out at each wheel drum and you should be good to go. I think the insides of the brake drums are the same on all these models as to hoe the cable connects.
Thanks for the info.
Tony71c10 is offline   Reply With Quote