The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-08-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
79'84'chevy

My 79-84 silverado

im new. from wyoming
first i have a 79 chevy silverado. the first moonth i got it i hit a deer. couldnt find a nice front clip to put on the truck. when i hit the deer i was doing about 75 with my quad in the back so it bent the core support and everything on the driver side. i found an 84 chevy blazer that was nice so i bought and didnt think to look at the firewalls for anything different. well if you dont know already the 79 firewall and hood hinges dont touch but the 84 front end has a slot cut in the firewall for the hood hinge. so i cut the firewall a little. i also bought the all eletric doors that i stil need to wire up. i have a 4in. suspension lift with the stock rally wheels painted dark green[chipped the paint in deep deep mud]. i have 35x12.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R (not the kevlar sides, older style). i put a 355 chevy in and working on a new carb. 5in. K&N air filter, new steering box, streering pump, alternator, battery, clutch, brakes, etc... all i have to do is to put a new frame under the truck(cracked by the steering box), tranny/t-case rebuild and paint and a little body work.
any advice on what i should do to the truck ill be more than happy to listen.
any advice on what paint i should use to paint the frame? thanks
Attached Images

79'84'chevy is offline   Reply With Quote