The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2019, 01:50 PM   #1
MARKDTN

2007 Tahoe Power Locks-LH Only not working

Sunday I hit the locks on the fob and they all locked except the drivers door. So I assumed the actuator was bad. Today I put in an actuator and still nothing. All locks work with the fob except drivers door. No dome light with drivers door. Radio still plays when door opens until it times out. So now I am afraid it is the DDM. It did get a little wet on Saturday. They are pricey! If you buy a used one does it have to be programmed or just new ones? No locks work with the master switch on drivers door. I didn't try the windows, but I will later. Any thoughts on diagnostics? Thanks!
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:51 PM   #2
Johns58stepside

Re: 2007 Tahoe Power Locks-LH Only not working

It’s real common for wires to brake in the door jamb harness. You would have to pull the harness through to look.
Johns58stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:15 AM   #3
MARKDTN

Short version-power wire melted in DDM. Replacing DDM and plug.

Long version. Lock stopped working. Fuses were all good. Had power to the back side of the DDM so I ASSUMED the actuator was bad. Put in the new actuator and nothing. So I took off the DDM again and I noticed that one of the terminals on the power side (large wires) was missing and melted a little around it. Then I looked at the plug. Big chunk of melted plastic. around this terminal. The DDM smells burnt. So I went to the junkyard and got a used DDM and a pigtail. Hopefully it fixes my issue. Don't understand why a fuse didn't blow when this happened. I am going to say (in my mind anyway so I can justify an $80 part that didn't fix anything) that the actuator was going bad and caused this. Moral of the story, be thorough in diagnostics-don't just assume one thing because it is "usually the problem". If I had tried the windows or the master lock switch I would have dug deeper before replacing the actuator.

What I called DDM (Drivers Door Module) is actually called DDS (Drivers Door Switch) according to the GM shop manual. I personally think DDM is more accurate because a new one has to be programmed.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project

Last edited by MARKDTN; 05-09-2019 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #4
michael bustamante

I didn't know they had to be programmed!!. I better take better care of mine! quit spilling juice on it!
Old 05-09-2019, 03:18 PM   #5
MARKDTN

OK. To close this out. Got a used panel from the junkyard and a pigtail with the main power plug. I was able to save 3 of the 5 wires/terminals but I had to splice 2 that I could not get out of the old melted plug. Mine was an '07 and the plug had a weird retainer for it-that was partially melted. The new pigtail came from an '09 I think. Same unsealed Metripack 280 plug, but no strange retainer holding the terminals in. Anyway, got that all put together and everything works great. And as a bonus I got a woodgrain bezel instead of the plain LT one I had. So lessons learned 1) do full diagnostics before firing the parts cannon. 2) don't get these switches wet. There are several posts about these getting wet and failing on the 'ole interwebs.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
Old 07-26-2019, 08:27 PM   #6
awbrown

I just replaced a door switch in mine today , all working now...
awbrown is offline   Reply With Quote