The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #101
clemdaddy
Senior Member
 
clemdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Posts: 1,772
Re: tilly to the rescue

some progress on the cab... both rockers and inner rockers need replacing and the left side was first.
Attached Images
   
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #102
clemdaddy
Senior Member
 
clemdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Posts: 1,772
Re: tilly to the rescue

cutout the big window conversion which was a breeze compared to getting a good fit. will fill the, panel to top, seam alla chad once the bodywork starts.

big challenge will be the rightside rear corner. the cab must have been hit hard on this side and the bodyshop that fixed it didn't really fix it. they just molded everything in body filler. the welding is horrible and the alignment is worse. but i got a better corner from a donner truck that will completely replace the bad work.
Attached Images
    
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #103
clemdaddy
Senior Member
 
clemdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Posts: 1,772
Re: tilly to the rescue

i leave you with this pic of the frame and utility bed put in hybernation. while work on the cab and doors continues i have no space for the storage of completed parts. this is as close to a bagged truck as i've gotten so far.

between the bed and frame is a car that i restored back in the early ninties. its due a paint job but i got to get the cab squared away first...
Attached Images
 
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:39 PM   #104
Dinos63
chevy only
 
Dinos63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,614
Re: tilly to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
i leave you with this pic of the frame and utility bed put in hybernation. while work on the cab and doors continues i have no space for the storage of completed parts. this is as close to a bagged truck as i've gotten so far.

between the bed and frame is a car that i restored back in the early ninties. its due a paint job but i got to get the cab squared away first...
nice clem.....killer work on the cab
__________________
CHEVY ONLY... Nothin Else !
Dinos63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:46 AM   #105
McMurphy
Registered User
 
McMurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 2,424
Re: tilly to the rescue

Very nice on those springs! They enhance without being over the top, like my stuff....

Those cab shoulder corners are not so bad. If you recall I had to replace mine too.
Just as easy/hard as the lower cab corners IMO

HoooRayyy for progress !!
__________________
Michael McMurphy

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #106
da_bears_da1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Genoa, IL
Posts: 387
Re: tilly to the rescue

That is some very bad welding but I am sure you will make it all good!!
__________________
Jeff
Simplify Life!


My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566533
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #107
Ta2Don
Senior Member
 
Ta2Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Searcy, AR
Posts: 4,192
Re: tilly to the rescue

Amazing work Clem!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
DON
Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD
Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #108
rambler
MOVE OVER
 
rambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Warrensburg, MO
Posts: 5,470
Re: tilly to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
between the bed and frame is a car that i restored back in the early ninties. its due a paint job but i got to get the cab squared away first...
Not going to take off the cover off the car? the suspense is killing me ! LOL
__________________
No matter where you are..... There you are...
Buckaroo Banzi
rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #109
Bomp
Registered User
 
Bomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: .
Posts: 3,083
Re: tilly to the rescue

Nice work on the cab but more importantly...... that lonely car in between the truck parts.
If you wanna get it outta there I'll take it. No new paint job necessary either.
Just tryin to help a guy out with needing "more room".
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #110
McMurphy
Registered User
 
McMurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 2,424
Re: tilly to the rescue

Under tarp #2......
My first guess is going to be a 69-72 Corvette.
Second best guess would be a Mercedes Coupe, of late 80s vintage.
__________________
Michael McMurphy

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #111
Modges'66
Registered User
 
Modges'66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.
Posts: 1,057
Re: tilly to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Under tarp #2......
My first guess is going to be a 69-72 Corvette.
Second best guess would be a Mercedes Coupe, of late 80s vintage.
Nope, Murph!
Gotta be a '63-67 vette!...can't tell from here if it has a big-block hood though!
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #112
Ta2Don
Senior Member
 
Ta2Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Searcy, AR
Posts: 4,192
Re: tilly to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
Nope, Murph!
Gotta be a '63-67 vette!...can't tell from here if it has a big-block hood though!

Guessing Small Block hood
__________________
DON
Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD

Last edited by Ta2Don; 05-21-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: add-on
Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #113
faribran
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: AL
Posts: 1,827
Re: tilly to the rescue

i vote for early model vette, also.
__________________
"
faribran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #114
rambler
MOVE OVER
 
rambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Warrensburg, MO
Posts: 5,470
Re: tilly to the rescue

lets just hope it doesn't become like the IIOY thread ... before we find out..
__________________
No matter where you are..... There you are...
Buckaroo Banzi
rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #115
rawraw67
Registered User
 
rawraw67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay the Bay
Posts: 472
Re: tilly to the rescue

here my guss small block 62 vette
rawraw67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #116
clemdaddy
Senior Member
 
clemdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Posts: 1,772
Re: tilly to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos63 View Post
nice clem.....killer work on the cab
thanks bro... i gonna do a real bag truck one day and i'll be counting on you for the guidance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Very nice on those springs! They enhance without being over the top, like my stuff....

Those cab shoulder corners are not so bad. If you recall I had to replace mine too.
Just as easy/hard as the lower cab corners IMO

HoooRayyy for progress !!
appreciate it murph... nothing to it but to do it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bears_da1 View Post
That is some very bad welding but I am sure you will make it all good!!
don't think we could do any worse... man, that had to be amateur night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Amazing work Clem!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
thanks buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Nice work on the cab but more importantly...... that lonely car in between the truck parts.
If you wanna get it outta there I'll take it. No new paint job necessary either.
Just tryin to help a guy out with needing "more room".
i really appreciate the offer but i'm thinking i need some rafter action like yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Under tarp #2......
My first guess is going to be a 69-72 Corvette.
Second best guess would be a Mercedes Coupe, of late 80s vintage.
close...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
Nope, Murph!
Gotta be a '63-67 vette!...can't tell from here if it has a big-block hood though!
correctamundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post

Guessing Small Block hood
also right

Quote:
Originally Posted by faribran View Post
i vote for early model vette, also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler View Post
lets just hope it doesn't become like the IIOY thread ... before we find out..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawraw67 View Post
here my guss small block 62 vette
ok sorry about the suspense.
1964 roadster with both tops, fac air, 300hp 327, 4-speed, 3.08 posi... white with red leather... numbers car...
been freshened up mechanically and interior, just needs a turn in the body shop. hopefully before it gets too frickin' hot out.

on another note... i did a sketch for the utility door art. truck will be satin black with a meta-flake burnt copper secondary color. the copper will probably be the dash and top between drip rails and maybe a little pinstriping. this sketch is just an idea not necessarily the finished thing...
Attached Images
 
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #117
MisterC
Registered User
 
MisterC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 1,024
Re: tilly to the rescue

You call that a "sketch"?? Hell Clem, I'd love to see what you call art work! Top Shelf work, as always. That copper accenting is sharp.
__________________
Poor and content is Rich...and Rich enough! - William Shakespeare
1966 C10 Custom Cab "Luigi"
Big Window - SWB Fleetside
350 V-8 - Powerglide


My not so much a build thread as a "Slow Progression Thread":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486894
MisterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #118
da_bears_da1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Genoa, IL
Posts: 387
Re: tilly to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
You call that a "sketch"?? Hell Clem, I'd love to see what you call art work! Top Shelf work, as always. That copper accenting is sharp.
X2. After seeing that "sketch", I know I will never post my sketches.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
Jeff
Simplify Life!


My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566533
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #119
clemdaddy
Senior Member
 
clemdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Posts: 1,772
Re: tilly to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
You call that a "sketch"?? Hell Clem, I'd love to see what you call art work! Top Shelf work, as always. That copper accenting is sharp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bears_da1 View Post
X2. After seeing that "sketch", I know I will never post my sketches.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
spent years in smokey ad agency studios with pencils and markers. but todays art depts are all about computers. a mouse replaced everything. its cool what you can do in a short amount of time. the concept sketch has changed too. now it looks like finished art instead of a raw idea, i'm not fond of the look that computerized finished art gives over pencil sketches but you gotta use the tools you have... plus you can't smoke at work anymore and whatever happened to martini lunches. me... i'd rather be in the garage.

thanks for the compliments guys and for checking in with me.
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #120
McMurphy
Registered User
 
McMurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 2,424
Re: tilly to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
spent years in smokey ad agency studios with pencils and markers. but todays art depts are all about computers. a mouse replaced everything. its cool what you can do in a short amount of time. the concept sketch has changed too. now it looks like finished art instead of a raw idea, i'm not fond of the look that computerized finished art gives over pencil sketches but you gotta use the tools you have... plus you can't smoke at work anymore and whatever happened to martini lunches. me... i'd rather be in the garage.

thanks for the compliments guys and for checking in with me.
Computer art is a skill.
It can be taught and imitated ad nausium.
Pencil and Brush art is a talent.
It comes from the heart, the hands, and the eye. The fundamentals can be taught, but it truely comes from the soul both in the doing, and the viewing.

Just my opinion on the differences between the two.
Not to say that one is better than the other, just that comparing the two is like comparing lemons to limes.
Same size, same shape, totally different.

You sir, are totally awesome at whatever you seem to turn you hand to.
Certainly looks good from here !!
__________________
Michael McMurphy

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #121
flips72
Registered User
 
flips72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: oldfort tn
Posts: 1,183
Re: tilly to the rescue

very nice sketch clem, I would have to agree with the others though looks a lot better than a sketch.now back to the vette, uncover that thing and give us a few pics,i used to ride around in a 327,4 speed car when I was in my twentys,it wasn't mine we just worked on it a lot for a friend, sweet ride though.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:12 AM   #122
Dinos63
chevy only
 
Dinos63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,614
Re: tilly to the rescue

skills skills and more skills!
__________________
CHEVY ONLY... Nothin Else !
Dinos63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #123
Bomp
Registered User
 
Bomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: .
Posts: 3,083
Re: tilly to the rescue

Top Quality work on the sketch and everything else your magic fingers touch.

Glad you had a nice time in Portland. Have to make it a point to meet up next time your out in these parts.
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #124
clemdaddy
Senior Member
 
clemdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Posts: 1,772
Re: tilly to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
very nice sketch clem, I would have to agree with the others though looks a lot better than a sketch.now back to the vette, uncover that thing and give us a few pics,i used to ride around in a 327,4 speed car when I was in my twentys,it wasn't mine we just worked on it a lot for a friend, sweet ride though.
yeah ok flips, you're probably right... not really a sketch in the truest form of the style but it is just an idea and still not right. fonts are too modern, too busy for the style that might have been done in the 60's and 70's. but its a start and i'll post up more comps as i get them done.

as far as the vette, be patient my friend. more pics when it rolls into the bodyshop. promise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Top Quality work on the sketch and everything else your magic fingers touch.

Glad you had a nice time in Portland. Have to make it a point to meet up next time your out in these parts.
thanks bro, and man, i could live where you live...
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #125
clemdaddy
Senior Member
 
clemdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Posts: 1,772
Re: tilly to the rescue

got some stuff closer this month... like the radio panel replaced and the right side door pillar replaced.

had another cab show up for some repair and etch priming... wish i could find a cab this nice. it was soda blasted and has very few spots that need attention. mostly surface rust since it was blasted and garaged 7 years ago.
Attached Images
    
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com