The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
nbpro
Account Suspended

"G&S project"

HELLO
this is my brother's old work truck
It was a faithful old truck for many years. This past summer, had a small engine fire, nothing major, the truck still ran. Our nephew came up from south Alabama, asking if he could have the truck. My brother told him he could, if he would get it road worthy: License, insurance, etc. During this time, he decided to buy an '81 Silverado shortbed, and began stripping this truck for parts. Left us missing distributor cap, rotary button, coil, the starter, starter bolts, carburetor, carburetor bolts, passenger side door handle bazle, window crank. We have managed to get everything but the carburetor, and bolts, and starter bolts. Being disabled and on a fixed income, this hasn't been easy. And wish me luck, cause Lord knows, I'm gonna need it. We're fixing this truck up for my brother's son, so we'll have a vehicle here while he's at work.

Since this build was started, my stepfather, my brother's father and my nephew's grandfather, has passed away. We are dedicating this in his honor. A couple of months before he passed away, he came over and looked at the truck, said he liked that, and looked at me and said, "I taught you well, didn't I boy?" Also said it needed a bigger motor, so we're working on that. Thanks for reading..
Name:  b4488c3fa3.jpg
Views: 3180
Size:  53.6 KB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 3184
Size:  58.0 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by nbpro; 12-06-2010 at 03:14 PM.
nbpro is offline   Reply With Quote